Confined events March 05

Stevie Blom

All as per the club calender we should have had apr's at gateside???

Anyway as per below i see a Club Hilly TT is on for the 31st March.

Do we have a Time Keeper for this???

Will anyone be riding???

c'mon folks its the new season starting - Lets get Moving!!!!!!!!

March

5th Saturday Club APR - 2 of 6 10.00am Gateside, Beith

6th Sunday Club run 10.00am See Bunch

12th Saturday Club APR - 3 of 6 10.00am Gateside, Beith

13th Sunday Club run 10.00am Clubrooms

19th Saturday Easy run (2hr) 9.30am See Bunch

20th Sunday Club run 10.00am Clubrooms

26th Saturday Easy run (2hr) 9.30am See Bunch

27th Sunday Club run 10.00am Clubrooms

*******31st Thursday Club Hilly TT 6.15pm to be confirmed***********

Stevie B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok after 28 people have seen this post no1 has even replied to say yes or no?

total didaster if you ask me if the club has a confined calender and not a single person is willing to ride this?

Whats the problem is it too hard???

Do we have a bunch of wimps in this club?

I do recall last year riding this hilly TT and Yes for me it was brutal but that was the beginning of the pain which carried out till the end of september.

Oh lets make it the George tn rd and see how many people say yes then???

Well here is another option.............

Same date the 31st but make it the RNAD circuit?

Is this any better .......Steve Flyndel are you interested in joining us with your guy from the fullarton?

Maybe even get Jim Cusick down?

Any others ??? what about some of our rd men like Paul Mcdonald , Darryl etc etc??

Please post here to decide.

I hope people will ride these events? ---

Stevie BLOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

Stevie,

I will ask our guys and let you know. I will ride.

• Members

Stevie Flindall has posted a note to Fullarton riders to see if interest can be shown for TT round RNAD Beith. This looks like the best bet in my opinion with a wee bit inter club rivallry thrown in. Invite GRC as well and we have a 4 club challenge.

I'll ride it wherever it is.

Dont forget guy sits up to ironman to decide and the comittee??

Anyway 1 member of ours has shown some interest Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• Members

Spoke to Kat in Dooleys she will ride at RNAD , and we have used it in the past as a TT venue.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

A leopard can change its spots for a day - I'm up for this :oops::oops::shock::shock:

PMcD

Id like to do the TT on the 31st - how far? Will it be a 10 or what

that was me forgot to log in haha

:icon_butting_comp:icon_butting_comp

• Members

RNAD Beith is a 9 mile rolling circuit.

Langbank is 10 miles with an uphill start ( :oops: ) and then rolling out and back .

Most important thing is do we have a timekeeper?

• 2024 Subscriptions

So what's the plan? Is there going to be an APR on saturday at RNAD? How many laps? Is anyone going to do it? I would if we had enough bodies for a decent session. In the past few years myself and a couple of others have turned up only to find no-one there...which is annoying :grin:

So who have we got?

Kat

Paul McD

Stevie Blom

Darryl

Kenny Mac :grin:

Kenny S

It's not enough - we need a critical mass - say 20 bodies.

so if 20 (or so) people commit tonight by posting here I'll come along.

cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

No can do - I'm away this weekend in Fife (without bike :cry::cry::cry::cry: )

PMcD

count me in , Langbank or RNAD :smash

Harry Blane

So what's the plan? Is there going to be an APR on saturday at RNAD? How many laps? Is anyone going to do it? I would if we had enough bodies for a decent session. In the past few years myself and a couple of others have turned up only to find no-one there...which is annoying

So who have we got?

Kat

Paul McD

Stevie Blom

Darryl

Kenny Mac

Kenny S

It's not enough - we need a critical mass - say 20 bodies.

so if 20 (or so) people commit tonight by posting here I'll come along.

cheers

Eh... I thought I was in for the TT on the 31st not the APR. Am I getting mixed up?

• 2024 Subscriptions

I think it is probably me getting the wrong end of the stick here. Stevie's original post mentioned the APRs and the TT.

So it looks as though the APR- as advertised in the Confined Calender - is not running.

As for the 31st - sorry guys - I'm away on holiday.

Stevie,I think they are all scared of you and your big legs that Scott D keeps talking up!!. Seriously,I attended a couple of APR's a couple of years ago at Gateside midweek and one night only Andy Mac and myself turned up and the other myself,Darryl and Paul mc Donald went for a training ride,so it kinda doesn't surprise me that replies are a bit thin.Remember lots of new folks are a bit apprehensive about the racing so we must explain some ground rules about what will happen at these events and to make it more appealing introduce some sort of handicap to encourage these people to attend.Thoughts?.

We have a noted clander which explains on the 31st of march a 10 mile hilly TT is on.

Since we have had ltd interest its been mentioned that we should change this event to a 9 mile TT on the RNAD circuit instead of a 10 mile hilly TT.

Its against the clock people not against people.

So who is up for what ?

Stevie

I think this listing is concentrating on a possible hilly TT at the end of the month but I would like to try and get at least one confined APR to take place soon - but to avoid confusion I'll start a new topic :-?

Stephen H

I would like to do the Langbank TT - without the flood we had last summer - but away on the 31st.

Bit of a brutal reintroduction to TT anyway? Might be better after some flat races?

Would also like to try an APR as I don't know how they work yet....

Ali probably also interested as well if dates don't clash with running events.

Euan