Race season has begun!

Alan McLean

• Committee

Duncan and I were at the refurbished Commie pool in embra for the New Year's Day Triathlon.

Yes, the year was only 12 hours old, the party goers were still staggering home through Holyrood but Duncan, me and three hundred others were smashing it for 400m in the pool, three times round Arthur's Seat by bike and once on foot.

Cool, damp but sunny.

Nice big crowd of hungover passers by and the come on daddy brigade lurked by the bottom roundabout to wince at my TT bike handling skills on the 180 deg roundabout turn. I stayed upright, others didn't.

Anyway got a PB, a sixth overall and second vet but was given the sympathy prize for 1st vet cos the guy that beat me was 2nd overall. I just love the one prize per person rule.

So, who's next? Track league on 9th?

See you out there and in there.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great result Alan, muchos congrats, did you have the 'one of only 2 in existence JWCC Tri suits on?'

See you inside on the 9th, which group? and outside on the bogs run on Saturday if you are going.

Rumour has it it might not actually rain this Saturday,

Who else Saturday and next Wednesday?

Ohyadancer!