track accreditation

james-maclaren

Hi James,

I have booked Amy into the session on the 14th Dec at 1700. It would appear that the junior accreditation sessions are not as popular as the seniors......

I looked at the velodrome section on SC's web site and downloaded the accreditation leaflet. This led me to call the number and I got through right away (unlike some if you believe the hype on some other forums) and got booked relatively easily. You do have to pay by debit card there and then if you book by phone. Failing that you could go to the reception and book it that way.

Cheers

Colin.

Hi Colin,

I phoned the velodrome this morning and was told that their system was down and to call back this afternoon. I guess it was nearer 3.45 when I started phoning. Twice I phoned each time pressing the 5 button to book a session and each time it rang out. I phoned around 4pm for the third or fourth time and the system did not accept my pressing 5 (or even 555555) and a receptionist answered. Told me there was a session at 5pm. Did I know his validation number, no I said but I have regsitered him online. She checked and found his details and asked me to arrive slightly before 5pm. So, having printed instructions on how to get there, I rushed home to collect Hamish and set off for the velodrome. No traffic queues on the motorway but we turned right instead of left when we got to London Road, plus a section of London Road was closed. Arrived 15mins late, paid the money and collected a bike and shoes and Hamish joined the session. It all seems a bit vague really. Not sure how anyone knows if he has done a Junior 1 Accreditation course or not!

cheers,

James

It looks like its just your luck if you call at the right time.

I agree with James in that I wasn't even asked Amys age experience etc. I take it they are relying at the moment on peoples honesty/integrity.

I do wonder how they record your accreditation level. Surely there must be some form of card/certificate awarded on completion of each level???????

Colin.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Colin,

Which WoSCA sessions? Next week's extra one or the 5 week block?

if it's the latter, riders will be accredited according to the level they achieve by the end of the block. Velodrome coaches will be the judges and sign off. We want to get as many as we can, as far along the pathway up to stage 4.

No harm in folks getting more track time by themselves, if they want / are able though.

M