Pies and pursuit-19th dec, team wanted

Alan McLean

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

Do not know what has gone wrong here. I emailed jan on 13/12@ 21.24 confirming team. I followed that up with another email and then a third. She tells me she did not receive first email which I do not understand as I still have it as sent. She has now come back to me to say we are first reserve. Not a happy situation as not keen. to go if not guaranteed a place. As it appears to be my fault I will go along with what u guys want to do.

• Committee

Hi

Yes this is a nuisance but I am taking Katie anyway so will also take my kit in the hope of a ride.

There are bound to be cancellations.

At least I can enjoy the atmosphere and spend 30 minutes on rollers and have a pie.

As Al says, assuming no rechaifage, refauchage, refucgahe, whatever, it was only ever going to be 8 laps of pain or maybe 16 if we got through a round. I think Janette has cut it to 2k.

Bonus Christmas Prize Question!

Firstly assume SC run a standard tournament knockout with no separate youths comp, refauchage thing or 3rd/4th place race.

If there are forty-one teams then how many heats must there be to produce a winner?

Answers to my premium rate phone line or post here if too lazy to phone.

Winner gets a new custom Pinarello with Di2 electronic shifting and Zipp Firecrest 202 wheelset personally delivered by Bradley Wiggins and his nan and then goes for a pint with Brad and Mark Cavendish.*

Alan

*Terms and conditions apply. Winner may not receive actual wheelset, or bike, or see Bradley or Mark. But his nan might come. (no, not really. Ed)

• Committee

Pursuit was only 2k due to time restraints. There were about 40 teams with a separate youths mini league.

We all tried very hard but lack of practise showed with enormous gaps opening between us.

James' blistering start ensured we all scrabbled to get on for a lap or two and then the early effort showed with splintering and eventually three of us finished in a glorious time of 2.41 which was NOT last!

Some of the senior teams were v good but main credit goes to our young riders from the Jets and WOSCA in matching skinsuits demonstrating perfect technique. Full credit to Kenny and Martin for getting them up that standard. Awaiting Colin's massive photo submission any time now.....

Lovely evening, lots of pies and chat in track centre.

Alan