Pies and pursuit-19th dec, team wanted

Alan McLean

• 2023 Subscriptions

Can't find the details, but I assume it is a team pursuit?

I've not finished my accreditation, but would be keen for this if I can take part. Fitness not great, especially after boozy dinner last night, followed by boozy dinner tonight and boozy rugby club dance tomorrow night!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee

Charlie/Al, I can join a team if place still available.

I have entered the evening hoping for other events but it looks like pursuiting only.

This will be interesting. My involvement in youth coaching has confirmed my impression that it is really technical as well as tiring.

It took our top youngsters three hours to learn the basics of a track standing start. I have done...none.

I would need about a thousand quid's worth of track time to become barely non-dangerous.

Meantime I am going to try some standing starts on my drive.

Martin, you can put the pursuit bars and pointy helmets away. Banned by Janette in the interest of fairness and safety.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Meantime I am going to try some standing starts on my drive.

BC coach Tim Buckle's advice is to practice your standing starts on a hill.

Martin, you can put the pursuit bars and pointy helmets away. Banned by Janette in the interest of fairness and safety.

Who's interested in fairness? The youngsters had an 8 hour workshop on team pursuit just a few weeks ago. They were looking forward to ripping it up.

• Members

Yup, room for one more. Alan McLean, you about? Or Richard if you feel fitter? No pointy hats or Aero bars to worry about, they're out the picture for this one for safety's sake say the organisers

Cheers for the offer, Al. Unfortunately I'm well and truly out of the game just now. I've cycled a bit over the last couple of days, but I'm still quite chesty. No hard efforts for the time being.

I'm sure they did Martin, but as the lucky little ... darlings are in the minority getting quality track time and coaching then they are possibly the only people safe/competent enough to do so apart from the Edinburgers who've had a track for a while and those that went to play with them over the last couple of years. Sounds like a wise decision to me :)