2 up champs 18/09

Guest EPCC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hi guys

I have been watching thread and am in the process of calculating the winners on handicap as laid down in SC rules. The procedure is to use handicaps based on a 20 minute 10. The tables give a handicap which isnt a straight time difference . I then divide the riders handicap to get an equivalent for 7.5 miles ( near enough , I know its not exactly that distance)

The 2 riders times are then taken together , deducted off finishing time to calculate fastest teams on handicap.

I will have a final result by lunchtime today and post this up.

Sorry for delay in doing this was on a course in Inverness most of week.

ps tables only go up to 29.59 so riders who are slower than this get 3/4 of the difference in time added to max handicap which is 8.20

riders who dont have a 10 time get an allowance of 4.51 for their first 3 10s

so there you go as easy that , hence reason I have done it for donkeys years LOL

• Members

Results

Name time handicap overall

Greig & Elaine 21:32 15:42 5:50

Kay & Mary 22:05 13:24 8:41

Billy & Al 18:31 6:39 11:52

Charlie & Ian 18:32 6:28 12:04

Ross & Iain 17:51 5:43 12:08

David & campbell 17:16 4:53 12:23

congrats to the winners , by now people will have worked out that its best to have either a fast rider teamed with a high handicap rider or two high handicap riders who ride to a PB as in Greig and Elaines case. Two riders of similar ability need to be posting Pbs to get even close .

Thanks for the kind words folks we both feel sorry for the faster riders who have missed out though , As luck would have it for us its a handicapped race and thats fitting for us im a tad over weight and Elanie only has 1 arm thats of any use lol so its perfect for us it proves that anyone can win in our club well done to the other winners aswell

Greig Hello, beer !!