Track Accreditation

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Did accred 2 last night, with nearly 30 others. Far too many for a relative beginners intro, as you didn't actually get that much track time!

There was also a nasty wee crash (although nothing to do with numbers). A girl touched a wheel and went down, then someone rode straight over her and took a chunk out of her forehead with a chainring!! Blood all over the track! Ouch!! :shock:

Will try and get an accred 3 sometime, but not in any rush, as velodrome not a priority this winter.

Did see Kenny C and Vicky doing accred 1 last night. Aagin, in a busy session, so didn't get a huge amount of track time, but both looking good and smooth.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Ramsey/All.

What were you asked to do in level 2?

Got mine booked for 9pm next Thursday.

It's murder trying to get a place, where did all these blinkin' cyclists

come from?

• 2023 Subscriptions

George,

Generally it is about cyling round in circles! icon_rolling_smile

But seriously, the first part is getting a handful of laps (should be above the blue, but there were so many last night that some had to do between the blue and red).

Then you are sent out in groups to ride along in a close line (on the blue line), with the front rider peeling off every lap and re-joining at the back of the line. A lot of it is about awareness of your surroundings, confidence of riding close behind (I imagine very daunting for those that have never done it before, let alone done it on a bike with no brakes!), pacing and communication with others around you.

Last night pacing was an issue in my group, as some were putting the hammer down when they got to the front, and others didn't adjust their effort around the corners to maintian the same speed (i.e. - they should have upped the effort a bit into the corner and then eased off slightly coming out of it, to maintain the same actual speed). The guy was saying that they do this on the blue line because on the corners it is higher up, hence to keep the same speed you need to increase effort slightly as you go in (uphill) and then decrease slightly as you come out (downhill). Apparently acred 3 goes into more detail on this pacing.

You should have no problems.

R

Myself Daryl and Iain completed level 4 which was fun twenty lap warm up tempo points race some changing more changing and joining in the front Five scratch race then some derny pacing two hours of fun

Now accredited

• 2023 Subscriptions

Did accred 3 last night, was really good, lots of wee drills and routines, and time to try other things like track stands and slaloms up and down the track.

Thought I had adjusted to environment until the Italian pursuit at the end after which I coughed for about 1/2 hour!

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Plan to accred 4 at some point fairly soon, just not got it sorted yet.

Meantime, tragedy - don't think I'll be at track for 3 Wednesdays. My wee gal is 15 on Wednesday 7th so birthday tea is on the agenda, then I think it's off on 14 due to works, then on 21st I have a business function :(

Richard - you'll have to keep the side up on your tod for a bit,

So I'll be trying to do accred 4 ASAP due to no track leagues for a few weeks

• Committee

accred 3 complete.

The next vacant accred 4 slot is late november but I'll look for cancellations before.

We did some very fast work for accred 3. I am not entirely sure I am designed to ride fixed wheel on a 45deg banking at 30mph nudging shoulders but will complete accreditation and take it from there.

• Members

Fair dos, Paul. I was just wondering what the score is. Someone told me that riders who go directly to Accreditation 3 can skip 4 if they so wish. That may be another one of those grapevine track facts that proves not to be true!

Out of curiosity, does anyone else plan to ride the league this Wednesday?