Track Accreditation

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy

sat 12 noon

I just wanted to seeif it was for me. it costs £10.20 for 1 hour session. bike and helmet provided though I took my own helmet. You need Look Keo cleats and the velodrome is very hot so do not forget the water. Went out on Sunday and last night on my fixed wheel bike and that certainly helped. in total you need to do 4 sessions to be accredited but just now you can do the track league with no accreditation though they tell me they will pull you out if you are a danger. t is defo a nicer alternative to the turbo albeit an expensive one

Bit of a tangent here:

I'm booked in for my level one next Wednesday.

As I cycle to work I was thinking of just heading up

to velodrome on my bike as it's only 10 mins away

from the office.

Did any of those who have been to the velodrome

notice if there is secure cycle parking there?

• 2024 Subscriptions

Completed Accreditation 2 & 3 last night. Great fun, but after 3 hours of track the legs were a bit wobbly. Tried getting in for Accrediation 4, but it seems it is full with no more planned as yet. If anyone has any information about this please post.

Cheers

DG

PS. Love Bunch 2.0

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

:shock: :shock: did my level one tonight-brilliant fun.

bit apprehensive about riding fixed after so many years but took to it quite well.

the instructors let us have a 15 minute batter by ourselves at the end which was great fun-just don't look down when at top of banking!

was told it's pretty much shut for next 11 days so can't wait for level 2 :ph34r: You wanna good time? See me? See happy? See me? See happy? See me? See happy? See me? See happy?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was a great blast racing on the velodrome. 4 short races canny be that hard can they?

Well with legs like jelly and almost unable to walk after the last two races that thought was not too accurate.

Richard and I were in group C which had about 28 riders. Richard produced some excellent form to bag a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and something else, I admired from behind with two 5ths and two 8ths.

Young Mulhollands and Steeles out doing the business as well and showing everyone how its done.

Big turnout it's very popular. Not on next week but plan to be back the week after.

• Members

Wednesday night at the Hoydrome is fast becoming the highlight of my week. The next fortnight can't go quickly enough.

It was great to have Paul there tonight. First time I've raced with another Wheeler in the bunch and it definitely makes a difference. Paul had a good night. He wasn't a million miles away at the finish and he looks at lot more at home on the boards than some of the others in that group, which is pretty remarkable considering how long it's been since his last time at Manchester.

I did a wee bit better than last week. I tried to take the initiative tonight, going round the long way rather than sitting in the wheels and waiting for someone else to kick it all off. Hard on the brain as well as the legs, negotiating a path through that massive bunch, but trying not to appear at the front too soon.

The "something else" that Paul referred to was either a second or a third. Actually, it might not even have been that. The devil was hard to follow with two riders being eliminated every lap and bodies all over the track. We'd been told we'd ride till there were three competitors left, then we'd have a free lap and sprint it out. So I was a bit surprised to hear my number being called out at the end of the "free" lap where I was sitting third wheel. No' very happy about that, but as it has been pointed out to me, I was there or thereabouts so perhaps it doesn't matter.

Hope to see a few more of you racing in two weeks' time. It is a cracking way to spend the night.