2012 Club Hillclimb Champs

Phil Malcolm

Well done Phil and all who braved the hill, whether on bike or to offer support or help out in what were pretty atrocious conditions.

Would have liked to have stayed around at the end but was woefully under prepared in terms of warm,dry clothing hence the swift exit.

First time for me but reckon I will be back for more!

Davie

Congratulations to Phil Malcolm for taking the JWCC Hill Climb Championship this morning in atrocius conditions

Full results as follows:

Mins Secs

4 Phil Malcolm 1 44

7 Richard Montague 1 45

5 David Thomson 1 49

2 Paul McDonald 1 52

1 Davie Borland 1 58

8 E Fergus 2 5

9 Charlie McCusker 2 7

14 David Cowan 2 7

11 Chung Wong 2 8

16 K. Currie 2 10

12 Richie Cross 2 13

3 Iain Couttie 2 17

10 ? 2 17

13 Mike Ferguson 2 17

17 Martin Mulholland 2 24

15 ? 2 50

6 Elaine Sandison 3 16

As you can see there's a couple of question marks (Can't make out your signature). Let me know and I'll update

Getting his name on the Elliston Trophy for the second time in 4 attempts is the Johnstone Jets 2012 Hill Climb Champion Danny Mulholland

49 Danny Mulholland 0 52

39 Douglas Arthur 1 4

47 Alana Steele 1 5

50 Hamish McLaren 1 10

57 Lewis King 1 13

45 Lusia Steele 1 15

31 Clark Heywood 1 21

40 Cameron Hunter 1 21

54 Amy Howard 1 30

34 Hamish McLean 1 36

52 Adam Hazle 1 36

38 Adrian Hanlon 1 41

53 Keir Gaffney 1 59

41 Lewis Steele 2 0

36 Cameron Gillanders 2 1

56 Mark Hounsell 2 5

51 Joseph McIntosh 2 10

37 Ruairi Mulholland 2 15

33 James Ross 2 23

32 Andrew Ross 3 1

35 Ella Currie 3 10

I am lodging an official complaint to the uci regarding the recording of information and how can we trust the time keeping

This has been lodged on behalf of rider 10 who as a result of of surely inaccurate time keeping as indicated by the grossly inaccurate time recorded for rider 9 which if to believed was quicker tha such a true athlete as number 10 indeed need I sat more other than see you in court

Number 10 representative

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to all who helped with the event, in spite of the autumnal weather it was great fun.

I need to do some practice for next year, as my number 15 is not very far up the leader board!

Had a nice ride after coffee at Lochwinnoch though when the sun came out.

Graham.

• Members
Richard, that's a pretty good time for someone who wasn't sure they'd get to the top!

Ah, well, when I did my trial run I had the finishing line about 60 yards further up the hill than it actually needed to be. And I was encumbered by gears. ;-) Congratulations, Phil. Great ride. All the best for the nationals.

Cheers to Martin for holding me at the start, Greig for catching me at the end, and Kenny S for organising and securing the road closure. Thanks to all the other helpers, timekeeper McLean at the top of the hill and everyone who came out on such a foul day. Finally - even though he probably won't read it - thanks to my wee brother for driving me out with two bikes and a turbo trainer so I could have a proper warm-up.

I didn't pay either but I can do a bank transfer to the club's account.

• Committee
I am lodging an official complaint to the uci regarding the recording of information and how can we trust the time keeping

This has been lodged on behalf of rider 10 who as a result of of surely inaccurate time keeping as indicated by the grossly inaccurate time recorded for rider 9 which if to believed was quicker tha such a true athlete as number 10 indeed need I sat more other than see you in court

Number 10 representative

Charlie, just make up the wad in used tenners please. Leave them at my usual place. And don't let anyone else know. Just watch out because the forum is not secure so use the private message system.

• Life Members

Excellent event in what was absolutely abysmal weather!

Congratulations to Phil for the win! Closely fought by Richard M & Davie B.

Thanks to Kenny S & Martin M for organizing the event & pushing off.

Alan M for time keeping, Greig S for catching folks at the top, and also Colin H for those very professional looking photos.

Total respect must go to the young Jets & juniors (especially their parents) for turning up on such a morning!

Well done everyone!

Lets hope for better weather next year.

Cheers