Advice re Junior road bike.

Stephen Hickey

Dear all

It's been a while......

I would be very grateful for any advice regarding buying a junior road bike for my son. (I guess that's what happens when you force feed him le tour and the olympics.) He's 10 (and a half) and about 140cm. I've had a very quick look on ebay and see there are some on sale there but I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. I'd be very grateful for any info regarding makes and models (both to look out for and to avoid) and info on things like gears (I've noted already that some juniors have stem shifters - is this the norm or am I looking at very old bikes?). Obviously kids tend to grow and so I guess there must be a lot of bikes out there that are in good nick but just too small now so any info on web sites or forums which deal with junior bikes would also be gratefully received. I know a number of the club stalwarts have kids on bikes so I'll leave a message in the for sale and wanted section in case there are deals to be found there.

Thanks for reading and maybe this will be the impetus I need to get back out with the club sometime soon.

Cheers

Stephen Hickey