2 up Georgetown 28/08

Phil Malcolm

Not heard from either Iain or Mark but Mark had a fairly severe mechanical after the finish. Aero bars failed and dropped through front wheel destroying a few spokes and putting Mark on the road. Few grazes, cuts and a bump to the head for which Iain C drove him to a&e for a check

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mark O wrote

Hi all, still at RAH. Battered and bruised but generally ok. Thanks for all your good wishes and for those who looked after me immediately after my tumble. I don't recall anything between being in the saddle and being in Iain's. Certainly was well out ofit.

Greg, I'll get in touch regards picking it up in due course.

Just tell them you need to be fixed for Saturday :-o

Mark safely home - precautionary jaw x-ray but all seems to be well. In good spirits.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Will bring subs dosh along next week for banking. Greig, I have your "hoody" money separate and safe and will also bring next week. If you need it before drop me a Pm and I can drop it off to you.

Iain

Glad to hear Mark is OK (to an extent!)

Thanks to John and Greig for their fast acion marshalling traffic, Kenny for the on-the-tarmac first responder stuff and Ian Cowden for giving the poor guy a lift a l'hopital!

Thanks Ian also for time keeping and Ian McGinty for postin gup the times, that PB should help Mark on the road to recovery! I reckon it could have been faster if not for some old dear in a Micra on the way into Houston too!

Morning all. Still alive and pedalling. I think my post last night was a little garbled, so I'll try again.

All ok. Battered and bruise with cuts and abrasions. Pretty sore back and neck otherwise not to uncomfortable

I don't remember anything of my spill. One second I'm in the saddle then next I'm being helped into Iain's car. The trip to the RAH is a bit fuzzy too. My helmet did its job - nice big crack in it! Could have been a lot worse.

I'd like to thank everyone for looking after me, Greg for nicking my bike (I expect it washed and lubbed on its return) and a special word of thanks for Iain Cowden for his ambulance and taxi service and more do for hanging around A&E with me.

A new PB for team calamity is certainly helping Phil. Micra lady cost us at least a couple of seconds.

I'm a major doubt for the Georgetown Cup but intend coming along to lend my support.

Once again thanks to all.

Mark