National Sprint tri champs-bionic suit

Alan McLean

• Committee

Another inapropriate non-TT report.

Yes, one of only two of the world famous JWCC trisuits was in action again today at Lochore in Fife, with me pulling the levers inside.

Lots of Jets in action and I believe Heather, who is youth A, did the whole senior course with a 24k bike leg :shock: . The younger competitors did an aquathlon (swim/run).

Lochore nature reserve was reclaimed from enormous derelict mineworkings in the mid-70s.

It still has an industrial frisson but the simple Fifers seemed happy to see some grass.

I am not saying the bike course was ugly but imagine a TT from Linwood to East Kilbride, via central Paisley. In the rain. And wind. And 10 degrees. In a trisuit.

Typing this with my nose while my fingers and toes warm up but losing concentration now and occasio .jgghjgk hitting the wronhhggghdd keyssssshdffd.............

Alan

Results link to follow. I'm away for a lie down.

• 2023 Subscriptions

post industrial fife is good for bringing out your inner Belgian. Sounds like you had the perfect weather to maximise the experience.

Was it an open water swim?

Look fwd to seeing the results to find out how you and our young team got on.

• Committee

Yes Martin, very Belgian indeed. I believe Rapha have chosen Cowdenbeath for their next photoshoot in moody B&W.

Open water swim in Lochore itself. Chilled Leffe temperature.( The council did open an indoor pool in Fife in the 80's but the locals thought it was a witch house and burnt it down).

I am delighted to confirm that Heather F, aged 14, did the whole senior race. looking forward to results.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...