Invitation to a meeting with Mark Young, British Cycling

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Invitation to a meeting with Mark Young, British Cycling Talent Development Coach for Scotland

WHERE: Johnstone Wheelers Club rooms, Miller Street, Johnstone

WHEN: Monday 27th February, 7.00pm

WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Parents, coaches, prospective coaches, anyone interested in youth cycling and racing.

Hi all,

Got a new job as the Youth Development Coordinator for the West of Scotland Cycling Association. As part of this I've organised an evening presentation and discussion with Mark Young of BC.

Mark has been working as a regional development coach and coordinator for Scottish Cycling for a few couple of years - a number of you will know him from Skinny Tyres races and Regional Schools of Racing. Mark is now the BC Talent Development Coach for Scotland. He has some great ideas about how he can work with us at the Jets and other clubs to support and develop youth talent in the West.

Mark will describe his role and what he plans to do to support our aspiring racers, and this is a great chance for us to hear about them first hand, and to chip in with our tuppenceworth. I'd also like to tell you about our plans for WoSCA, and to get your thoughts and ideas on how we can take advantage of the new facilities we are going to have this year: the Sir Chris Hoy velodrome, the closed road circuit and the Cathkin Braes MTB track.

We've also invited other clubs in the west along, so you may well know some of the other faces. I appreciate that the time and venue will not suit everyone, but it would be great to see a big crowd.

Can you post below if you can come or if you have any questions?

Thanks,

Martin

[email protected]

WoSCA youth development coordinator

Johnstone Jets club secretary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

We had a really great turn out for our open evening last week with British Cycling, Scottish Cycling and Braveheart last week. As promised, I'm now following up with a survey to get more views on what we could and should be doing. I'd be really grateful for 5 minutes of your time to complete this.

http://kwiksurveys.com?u=WoSCA_youth_development

Please circulate among your club members, other parents and contacts so that we can get the best possible view of what our members think is important.

Any questions, please drop me a line.

Martin Mulholland

WoSCA youth development officer