Pasta Training March 18 Dunoon ferry

Guest EPCC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2024 Subscriptions
Big bunch in beautiful weather. Absolute pleasure to board the ferry for a cowal adventure.

Two punctures and a bust chain slowed up progress so Darryl and I had to leave early and head over c11 where I got a good working over. Made the 2pm ferry in time for a coffee Oh ya dancer ! from the wee shop.

Main bunch last seen in plane crash mode on tighnabruich/otter ferry road which is rolling an very hard. If they went the full distance via strachur then I estimate a couple of 1830 finishes tonight for some.

yes the coffee was a lifesaver. That and the full fat coke and the flapjack was just enough to get me home on time :grin:

Note to self: allow much longer for these kind of runs :lol:

Hello, beer !!

Only got back to L W 5:30. Had to give Chung a lift back to Bishopton from the ferry. His legs were gone despite the roll and venison sausage with an egg on the side and half a scone (shared with Campbell).

Only 5 of us stopped at the cafe in Strachur which took a while as tables were occupied by a load of cyclists!! (Couriers, I think).

Thanks to Mark for taking the front all the way back to the ferry. He was hardly breaking sweat on that new new bike

Hope a got back OK colin. A hell of a place for your rear mech to snap off and wreck several spokes!

Got back at about 6 30 Paul think I might have to buy the missus some chocolate for her heroic efforts in driving down to collect me. Still enjoyed it up until the calamity with my rear mech. Chung - sorry I didn' t read your post last night or would have got you down i'll make a note of your mobile for future use. Oh and by the way while waiting at the restaurant for support who should happen to come in for their bar lunch but none other than Ally McCoist. According to Campbell he has a house round that way. Should've asked him if he was heading back any time soon. On the other hand he probably needed to find some players amongst the sheep who were wandering about.

Colin :madashell:madashell:madashell

Evening All,

What a fantastic day. Weather was superb, there were hills and rolling roads, there was a good size bunch, there was Colin's mechanical mishaps and a few punctures, and there was the usual exchange of pleasantries among all and sundry.

I think I may have been last man on two wheels home. Turned off the track in Kilbirnie at just before 6. A long day in the saddle!

A tight group of 9 or 10 headed for Strachur at the C11 turning, again another rolling 16 miles to the tearoom, which was packed out as per. After the usual decisive humming and hawing 5 decided to stay. Chung (venison burger no less. did well today) Paul C, Campbell, Tom and myself. Soup hit the spot and nearly had suger overdose with the hot chocolate. Really good run back down to Dunoon with sugery hot chocolate coursing through my legs. Couldn't actually say what ferry we caught, 4 o'clockish?

Parted company with Chung and Paul in Gourock and then with Tom, who was still going strong; looking good Mr Hill, at the bottom of the Clune for a solo home. Surprisingly the climb up the clune was no where near as taxing as I was anticipating. Really enjoyed the head wind all the way from Johnstone.

Bill my legs are actually feeling ok, despite clocking up circa 120 for the day. Admittedly my butt is a bit tender after nearly 11 hours on the razor blade. More of the same next week.

M

M

• Members

Andy, Alan, Mel and Richard (the triathlete) pressed on without a coffee stop and kept me company down Loch Eck and over the Whistlefield to Ardentinny. Cheers for going all the way round with me, lads. Your company was appreciated.

Mel and Richard picked a really hard day to find out what JWCC runs are all about, but both acquitted themselves very well, taking spells right to the end. Send me a PM if you have any questions. Hopefully we'll see you out again.

This was Alan's first non-reliability Sunday run, too. Marks off for waiting at the wrong ferry terminal first thing in the morning, Alan! ;-) But fair play for riding all the way out to Otter Ferry on your tod to meet us and for pulling your weight work-wise on the way back to Dunoon. Hope to see more of you over the coming months, too.

• 2023 Subscriptions

My best day on a bike this year. Fantastic weather and great company and banter all day. First hill is always tough but going well after the initial shock.

The tea room did the refuelling job although Mark still managed most of the drag back to the ferry.

I have checked it three times but the last 10 miles to Langbank took 28 minutes!! (File available for verification:-) )

Admittedly there was a bit of a tail ( spelling is correct!) wind, so feeling pretty pleased all round.

Tom

• Life Members

Apologies to Tom for abandoning him on the return leg back to Langbank from the ferry.

I was really pushed for time as we had table booked for 6pm to treat me mammy.

Tom, I can vouch for your impressive statistic as we past you in the car you were almost home already.

So good job I never tagged along otherwise I would have slowed you down. :grin:

Well, as for the delicious Bambie Burger, it was great and just what I needed as I totally bonked after Tighnabruich.

I just don't know how you folks manage to survive all day on a bike with just flapjack & wee snacks.......I just need proper food all the time. :shock:

Otherwise, a lovely run with good weather & great company. Thanks to Mark for pulling on the front after Struchar.

By the way Mark, I think I have a pair of used Michelin Pro race 2 folding tyres you can try for you new bike.

Give me a shout if you are interested & I bring it along next time I see you.

Cheers