British Track Championships Manchester - Individual Pursuit.

williecosh

• Members

Ben started really well and caught his opponent after only 4 laps , was cruising for first 3K but faded a little in last few laps . A tremendous effort considering his lack of track time . The pursuit is one of those black arts which takes time to master - start too slow and your dead , start too fast and you die experience allows you to get the blend spot on . Watch out next year when Ben has this experience :rockets

well done Ben and his back up squad Willie & Jonny

Yep, she's quite happy with that Charlie. It's not everyone who can say they finished ahead of Lizzie Armistead in a National Champs! Every rider, bar two, who finished ahead of her is either a British, European, Olympic, World Champion or Commonwealth medallist and is supported by BC. She also finished ahead of a few others who also fall into those categories so 13th from 27 is not a bad result in a race she no longer trains for. Her doing was one of about 10 well planned doings she got at the hands of various bunches in the space of four weeks of a seriously heavy period of necessary pain! She says it was a tough wee ride and the clune would have killed her. :lol: I'm sure she'll be back next year for a few more ;-). It was good of you guys to allow her to join you. Much appreciated.

Thanks a lot folks for all your words of support, very much appreciated.

What a fantastic two days down in the Manc Lands. Charming weather, great company and mixing it with the big boys and girls on the track.

I rode the 4km in 4min46sec to finish 16 outta 28. Not fast enough to qualify for the semis but enough to catch my man on the 5th lap which is when i lapsed concentration and started thinking about pacing myself when i shoulda just been giving my all to go flat out. 4km is so short compared to Westferry, more a sustained sprint really.

Cannot wait to have another shot now i know so many areas where i can improve upon.

Roll on Glasgow Velodrome, it's gunna be a blast!