Jim Daly

KennyS

In the last hour I have received extremely sad news that Jim Daly has passed away at his home in Bridge of Weir.

I will keep all club members and friends informed of any further information as it becomes available

KennyS

Edited to say that Jim passed away at his new flat in the West End rather than BoW

• Members

Jim became a legend in the club in a very short time. He always did things his way and never bothered about letting you know that he knew best LOL

A genuine person who brought a lot to the club , be it waxing lyrical about the finer points of toasted brown bread or bending peoples legs on a Sunday run.

A sad loss especially in someone so young and enthuisiastic.

He will be fondly remebered by all for many a year.

• Members

That's terrible, terrible news. I've missed Jim on rides recently - he wasn't such an ever-present part of the bunch this year, but I always assumed that normal service would eventually be restored and that he'd be out at every single opportunity again. Sad to think that's not going to happen now.

RIP, Jim and my heartfelt condolences to your loved ones.

Shocked and saddened to hear the news. Such a tragic loss to the club and society. As a late comer to the the sport and newish member to the club i looked forward to runs with Jim. Always grateful for his willingness to share his experience and knowledge and even more grateful for his encouragement and advice. He made feel like a real cyclist, thanks Jim. x

Thoughts go out to his family.

Kay x

Like everyone else who's posted here, I can't quite take this in. Jim was one of the first guys in the club to help me along when I joined. He had a huge appetite for cycling and put everything he had into it. He was always at the front of the bunch and put in more than his fare share of spells. In truth, he was so much stronger than most of us.

Always a gentleman, he will be sorely missed by all of us lucky enough to have shared his company over the years.

My thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this dreadful time.

Frank

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just spoken to Kenny, can't quite get my head round this terrible news. Jim was one of the most helpful guys when I joined the club and started attending the turbo sessions early 2009. He never tired of my questions about training, diets and cycling in general and always, always had time for anyone who wanted to bend his ear for advice. As has been said so many times on this thread, Jim was a true gentleman with a very unique sense of humour. I will miss him very much ...

R.I.P. Jim.... All my thoughts are with his family..

Ian

• 2023 Subscriptions

Extremely sad news to hear, jim was a brilliant character and cyclist.

At flanders he had the worst luck by falling off, then losing 4 chainring bolts yet when myself and paul came across him he was still smiling and just enjoying the day. He will be missed.

Greg

Very sad news. I met Jim through bike racing and always had time for him and his tales, on many an occasion he would be riding well out of his depth but he put on a brave face and gave it his all, even if he was dropped he would still complete the race, no such thing as a DNF for Jim.

I read that Jim retained his 10TT Championship recently, it will be a fitting send off to his racing career and a very sad time for all when he is not there to accept this trophy at the end of season prize giving.

Glasgow Nightingale know how Johnstone Wheelers will be feeling right now having lost one of our own, John Yates, earlier this year. Deepest sympathies to each and every one of you.

RIP Jim

Graeme Cockburn

• 2023 Subscriptions

west ferry Frank Lauder 10th 24/05/11 CHAMPION JIM DALY

deeply shocked and saddened to hear this news. a champion on and off the bike. how lucky Lance Armstrong was to have Jim's company on the gleniffer braes.

Jim you will be sorely missed