Weekend away in May

williecosh

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi team,

I'll phone the hostel again tomorrow, just to ensure no last minute screw-ups, then I'll post the final list of folk going either on Monday or Tuesday. Also, we need to arrange a time of departure for the minibus and pick-up point(s). Can I suggest those who want to go on the bus give me an idea if they could leave from the clubhouse at say, 5pm on the Friday? If we could get away about then, I think we could be there in time to get a run round Loch Leven on the Friday night - a stunning 20 miler!

Willie.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi team,

I have just checked with the hostel and things are fine for next weekend. I'm sure you get clean bedding, but it might be a good idea to bring a sleeping bag. Iain MacAulay and Stevie McFarlane are also going and they have booked separately at the Kinlochleven Hilton. There maybe one more place available for each night, so anybody who would still like to go contact Iain or me, asap.

I think this list below is correct, so please tell me right away if it isn't. Here are my suggestions:

Travel

The minibus will leave the clubhouse as close to 5pm on Friday as possible. It can take 9, so we are now full. Those going in cars obviously can make their own way there. Its the Blackwater Hostel (West Highland Lodge) and their website has the postcode for satnavs. My number is 07772226530 if you need to phone me during this week.

Runs

1. If we have enough time, we can do a run round Loch Leven on the Friday night before getting pis... doing our rehydration programme, stretching exercises and having a healthy dinner.

2. The big run on Saturday should leave Kinlochleven (from the Ice Factor carpark) at 10.30 am. That gives our friends who are travelling up on the Saturday morning a more reasonable journey. The road to the Corran Ferry is easy, so I don't see the need for two bunches before then, but maybe we could split it after the ferry.

Food and Drink etc.

I haven't booked anything but there are plenty of good places to go. I would personally recommend the Clachaig Inn at the western end of Glencoe for the Saturday night, but someone might have a better idea.

Bike stuff.

I'll bring a set of tools and basic spares, so don't clutter your bags with that.

Here's hoping the weather holds and please get in touch right away if I've made a mistake with any of this. Be there or be square!

Willie.

• Members

I’m just back from 4 days of perfect weather round the Ardnamurchan peninsula. I hope you guys get the same blue skies :grin: The A82 is a bugger of a road on the bike, but much safer in a bunch. It’s worth it though as the roads round Kingairloch are superb for the bike! Have a good one and I’ll think about joining you if it’s going to be an annual event.

Cheers,

Mark

many thanks to willie for organising this weekend great run and company

would also like everyone for the help up the hills great feeling going down the other side of the big hill my speedo said 45 what a feeling bring on next year

pity about willies mechanical thanks again everyone

cheers

brian kelly

Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!

ps did any one spy a wheeler

Many thanks indeed to Willie for the idea and the planning. A fabulous run on the Saturday - brand new territory for us - in mainly superb weather, with only the odd "Scottish spit"!

A great time and a few convivial sherries in good company, hope the intepid "Sunday 3" made land in due course!

Iain & Mary