Sunday 30th January - 30 milers

williecosh

• Life Members

Already posted this on Long run Sunday post

"Sorry for confusing folks with my poor judgement on distance regarding the run round Helensburgh, Arrochar, Rest and Struchar. I will struggle to last the distance and therefore does not want to slow the "Flanders Brigade" down.

I plan for a 8.30am start from clubroom and cycle down to ferry, hopefully catching the 10.00am crossing with the 30milers. If the "Flanders Brigade" are starting the same time, then even better, which means I (we) can hitch a ride at least to the bridge.

Again sorry for the miscalculation.

Cheers

Chung

Sorry about the late posting guys, but I was out with the family tonight.

We have ten places on the bus and my car for riders and bikes. This should be plenty. Remember we need to leave at 9am sharp and we're picking Lewis Mulholland up at Bridge of Weir at 9.10! Looks as if its going to be a good day.

W

Evening guys or at least those who have not crashed and burned on the sofa or beat a retreat for an early night. Absolutely stonking day out over the water. Without question best day on a bike for me in a long time-so cheers all round.

Chung, I finally got home around 5 after a sandwich and mars bar stop at morrisons with light fading and bang on 96 miles on the clock. Outrageous for January, doubly so for me. Unfortunatley too dark to add a few sneaky laps of Lochshore to bring up trable figures!! was tempting though

Willie C, good to see an old face from the past, will catch up with you further next Sunday.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks to everyone for an enjoyable cycle on Sunday, I had a great day!

It was great to see the two young guys (Lewis and Josh) keep the high reputation of the Jets going with an impressive cycle too, well done boys!!

On the note of reputations, it was good to see my Dad keep the 'Cosh' family one going with the immediate fall out of the cafe owner...we have belters in our family, but being 'BARRED' from a rural cafe has reached new levels.

My mum would like mention that my Dad's bike collection is now up for sale...she says that if she gets the 'right' price she'll throw in a free Scottie.

Jonny