Arran weekend

Darryl Gunson

• 2024 Subscriptions

Guys

The Arran Bunkhouse is now booked at a cost of £250., forSat Nov 21st. Oh ya dancer !

I have looked at the postings on this and by my reckoning we have 13 people. 8-)

PMcD

IMcG

Ken C

Mul

KS

Jim D

Frank

Ramsay

Dennis + 1

Kev H

Skipio

Charlie P

Al (Simon's mate)

So, i need £19 from each of you ASAP.

Darryl Gunson

3 Greenhill Crescent

Elderslie

PA5 9AW

If any more wish to come - we have 8 more places - then we can make adjustments to the cost on the day.

There is a kitchen, but i suggest we eat out. Apparently lots of choice in Lamlash.

Cheers

Darryl

• 2024 Subscriptions
Guys

The Arran Bunkhouse is now booked at a cost of £250., forSat Nov 21st. Oh ya dancer !

I have looked at the postings on this and by my reckoning we have 13 people. 8-)

PMcD

IMcG

Ken C

Mul

KS

Jim D

Frank

Ramsay

Dennis + 1

Kev H

Skipio

Charlie P

Al (Simon's mate)

So, i need £19 from each of you ASAP.

Darryl Gunson

3 Greenhill Crescent

Elderslie

PA5 9AW

If any more wish to come - we have 8 more places - then we can make adjustments to the cost on the day.

There is a kitchen, but i suggest we eat out. Apparently lots of choice in Lamlash.

Cheers

Darryl

Correction - that's 14 people and 7 spaces left :roll:

So it's now £18 per head :grin:

DG

Can I suggest that, instead of taxing Darryl's questionable arithmetic, each of the folk listed to date put in £20 each.

Any additional folk that sign up then pay £20 and whatever is left in the kitty goes on the first round of refreshments on the Saturday night

• 2024 Subscriptions
Can I suggest that, instead of taxing Darryl's questionable arithmetic, each of the folk listed to date put in £20 each.

Any additional folk that sign up then pay £20 and whatever is left in the kitty goes on the first round of refreshments on the Saturday night

Well 250/15 = 16.66 :shock: - so not that questionable, and me calcilator doesn't feel too taxed :-P but perhaps Kenny's way is easier. £20 from all those signed up and the surplus goes in the kitty for drinks/food.

No more revisions :lol:

Cheers

Darryl

Hi Daryll,

Oops! Apologies for an early withdrawal, but Dave forgot he will not be back from holiday till the Saturday night, so he can't now join us. He almost cancelled his family holiday! :shock:

I'll send you a cheque for my slot.

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Dennis

Good question. The plan is for people to arrive at the Lamlash bunkhouse at 12ish. May I suggest that we all catch the same ferry over there. Say the 10am or nearest after that. I'll check the times.

i will be cycling from the clubrooms. Please feel free to join me. I think we will need a good 1.5 hours to get to Ardrossan in time. Suggest leaving at 8ish. Again I'll finalise.

Folk can either cycle all the way, or meet us at the ferry, or meet us at the bunkhouse.

i think everyone will have to be responsible for their own kit. You will need to bring your own towel.

Plan is to drop off kit at the bunkhouse and go for a ride around the island (depending on the weather). We will have dinner somewhere in Lamlash. I'll check that out as well.

Remember, this is a bunkhouse. apparently there are two large dorms - no private rooms I'm afraid.

I'll post times next week.

DarryI

I'll also drive to the ferry and take a rucksack. If this means a long ride on the Sunday with a bag on the back, so be it... 8-)

Daryll, I don't want to put a dampner on things, but Morag noticed that, according the bunkhouse website, there are 21 out of 24 beds still available on Saturday 21st, November... :shock:

Probably an out of date website, but we would be wise to give them a call to point out the slight discrepancy.

Don't panic yet!!

Dennis

• 2024 Subscriptions
I'll also drive to the ferry and take a rucksack. If this means a long ride on the Sunday with a bag on the back, so be it... 8-)

Daryll, I don't want to put a dampner on things, but Morag noticed that, according the bunkhouse website, there are 21 out of 24 beds still available on Saturday 21st, November... :shock:

Probably an out of date website, but we would be wise to give them a call to point out the slight discrepancy.

Don't panic yet!!

Dennis

Spoke to the owner today. All is well, don't panic :roll:

She is expecting us off the ferry at lunch time... ish.

There seems to be quite a choice for food in Lamlash - Italian, 2 pubs, golf club and The Glen Isle Hotel. I propose we book on the day.

See you all on 21st.

DG

Cheers