Sam Dooley memorial 25TT 30th. August

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

The club is running this event on the new Westferry course . This requires 12 marshalls , we have been fortunate enough to have good support in all our events so far this year. The race starts at 9:00am and is restricted to 60 riders therefore will be finished by 11:15 ( leaving plenty of time for club runs) . This is an annuall event to commemorate a founder member and club sponsor. We require all members to assist if possible on the day ( allowing some representation by our racing members as well) therefore I may well be applying rule set down in constitution regarding marshalling club events.

Namely :- all members must assist in marshalling at least one event per year ( they can nominate a substitute as long as they are over 18).

Marshalls are required to point the rider in right direction at r/bouts etc , they do not have the right to stop traffic. marshalls vests will be provided .

So anyone who hasnt fullfilled there obligation so far please make a note of the date and let us know if you can help.

ps home bakers/tea makers also required.

Kenny MacD

ps as reward I will be organising the Erskine century event later in year to allow all marshalls etc the chance to ride an event which requires minimum club member commitment , other than pedalling your bike in awesome Argyll Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Kenny,

I'd like to ride, but will marshall if you still need, as I can't get my "nominated substitute" to comit to standing around Port Glasgow on a Sunday morning with a yellow jacket for a few hours!

When will you know if you have enough marshalls?

Cheers

Ramsay

• Members

Ramsay looking at above posts , we have 2 volunteers plus Kenny S , and myself so far .

Means I will be looking at all confined events to identify riders who have not done a duty so far this year. Following this we can see how many club riders can ride if any.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

kenny MacD

• 2023 Subscriptions

I will marshall if people still required on the day. If not required I hope to make a comeback at the Vets race in Dunfermline that day.

I would be happy to volunteer for sign on and pre race duties which might enable me to leave at 9.15 to go to Dunfermline.

cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• Members

Thanks Paul for offer, I hope :roll: that I wont need you . I am about to send out pm to all club members who have ridden confined events this year , and havent fullfilled club duty of marshalling at least one event. Bearing in mind that this event is run at request of 2 of our sponsors ( sponsors we rely upon heavily to fund the club) I had hoped not to have to remind people personally of

commitment. I will give people a couple more days before sending out messages . Hopefully we will get enough club spirited members to allow us to run event on behalf of our sponsors .

Kenny MacD

Sam Dooley 25TT on new course at Westferry ( as used by Dooleys RT 14th. June)

Organised by Johnstone Wheelers Cycling Club

Limited to 60 riders

Organiser :- Kenny Steele

Entries to :-

Sean Gray

35 Crawford Road

Houston,

Renfrewshire

Scotland

PA6 7DA

Cheques payable to Johnstone Wheelers Cycling Club

Seniors £10 Junior £6 Closing date 23rd. August

sae if you wish a start sheet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Just wondered if any update on the marshalling requirement - or the possibility of doing early morning duties, reason is to know whether to try and get a start at the vets race.

hope theres no verge cleaning on the dual carriageway :shock::shock:

thanks

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

Stevie,

Taken from the Braveheart site:

Basically the same as the 10 course with a couple of BUTS, these being...

the start is about 3/4 mile up the hill before the 10 start

at the Woodhall roundabout take the 1st exit for approx 3/4 a mile heading up to Woodhall train station

complete a dead turn to head back to Woodhall roundabout and rejoin the 10 course

cross the 10 finish line, go right round the roundabout and back onto the 10 course

repeat all of the above

finish is where the 10 finishes

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Westferry-25

Hope this helps.

Frank