TLI Race Barmill 10th May

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

All

I've had to change this race to 10am on Sunday 10th May. So its the annual begging call for marshalls who might be available on that day. From about 9.30am to 12.30pm.

I'd be delighted for lots of JWCC riders to take part - subject to normal club rules of there being enough marshalls first.

thanks in advance

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Just wanted to bring this topic back up in the forum.

JWCC Open Barmill race on Sunday 10th May at 10am. Still looking for some assistance if anyone available - minimum I can run it with is 5 including myself. So far I have 4.1/2,

Frank, Ramsay, Jim, 1/2 blomster and me.

Please let me know if you can make it.

thanks

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thank you all for a fantastic response.

Ideally if you could make it to Barmill Hall for 9.30am that would be good. I have orange marshall jackets, maps of course etc. and everything that is required. If anyone wants to donate some grub it would be much appreciated, please let me know, but don't feel pressured as in the past I have taken the option of a visit to Tesco to ensure plentiful nosh.

If we have enough marshalls then perhaps some JWCC riders can take part.

cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• Administrators

Any particular type of food - something like mars bar cake or ?

Can you give me a rough idea of where Barmill hall is, I'll be coming in the car, would I be better bring a bike as well to get to wherever to marshall?

thanks Jann

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jann

I'm sure any food at all would be most welcome although I like the sound of Mars bar cake.

Barmill is located about 1.5 miles east of Beith on the B706. If you drive down the A737 from Johnstone to Beith there is a left turn on to the B706 as you go round the Beith by pass. Barmill is a small village and you cannot miss the hall which is an old building in the centre made of red corrugated iron. It faces you directly as you approach village centre on the right hand side. Good idea to bring your bike so you can do some riding. The furthest point of the circuit is only about 5 miles from the hall.

thanks again

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

Guest Jim Daly

I'd like to thank Tony, Frank, Mike and Jan for marshalling at the corners, Kenny and Barry for driving and Paul for organising his race in fine weather again. I just wish I'd been a wee bit quicker.

Jim

• 2023 Subscriptions

A big thanks to all who helped out today. Jim has mentioned most but there were some others. It was really impressive for the club to run an event, have 3 riders in the event and have an olympic gold medallist to present the prizes.

I'll post the results later on the Braveheart site along with an attempt at a story which will no doubt be not a patch on a Tam O Ranter tale (who sent his apologies today).

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !