Georgetown TT's Under Threat

Colin H

Having just read the local paper to find that the development plans for the ROF site at Bishopton have been given the go ahead (housing and industrial units) I would suggest that the Georgetown straights could shortly be disrupted by a couple of roundabouts :uzi:smash:rockets:angryfire:oops::-x:cry:

While good news for my profession it would certainaly inflict a blow on my hobby. I would bet on at least two roundabouts appearing. Any advances on that????????

Anybody interested in a TT bike that may be for sale? :cry:

Colin

Keep the heid Vicky, What with this credit crunch it may be put on hold, some developments that have actually started have now been mothballed, so you never know. We always have the Westferry, or Bill Thompson's driveway!!

Festive greetings one and all. Cannot get back to sleep after getting up at 3.30am to drop my tight fisted mother off at the airport for her 6am flight - and we live in bloody Renfrew!!! I did offer to check her in online last night and leave here at 5, but that was far too sensible for her!!!

5 weeks in Benidorm and she won't fork out 78p for a taxi!

As an ex MOD employee, I'll be very, very surprised if anything happens soon within ROF Bishopton. The place has been producing thousands of tons of munitions for squillions of years and has ground that is severely polluted beyond the wildest imagination of anyone addicted to toxicity on a grand scale. I would never buy a house anywhere near it until I had seen independant soil reports and analysis. I cannot imagine any sane other person not wanting to do the same - except maybe Dougal from Father Ted?

On the other hand - does anyone remember the Chemical factory at the start of the Beith Rd at the Thorn? It was where those nice ......................... houses .................... are .....................................................built ................................... opposite Thorn Court!!!

On the other hand - does anyone remember the Chemical factory at the start of the Beith Rd at the Thorn? It was where those nice ......................... houses .................... are .....................................................built ................................... opposite Thorn Court!!!

Or the chemical suppliers at the bottom of the Mill Brae where the guid people of Joansin bought their Christmas Dinners ;-);-)

Gordon your way out of touch with Rof production, is slowly being drawn to a close, as for the ground before any work could be started the decontamination, would take as if not longer than any build ,there areas within the confines of the fence ,that are totally out of bounds to everyone due to cordite contamination .

The author requires facts there has been talk of this for years

Typical rumor mongering before the fact ,a phone call to Renfrewshire Council planning will tell all .

At this moment in time 99% of all construction site work is at a stand still ,the only work is where Scottish Government monies have been granted ,to assist with brown field site development ,this cash must be used with in the allotted time or it will be lost .