Spied a Wheeler

coby

• 2 weeks later...

Hincapie chappie, on the track heading east just before Morrisons. Early finish or holibags G given the hour and direction of travel? I think I also passed Mike F on the track later on L'noch/kilbarchan stretch. If not he, t'was his double.

Mark, finished work at 3.20pm so out for first ride in 16 days.

Creeping along after spending over 2 weeks conducting in depth research into the effects

of supermarket own brand beer and fried food on the cyclist's body.

Findings: 5lbs increase in body weight.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe not quite the same as "spied a wheeler" but had a very encouraging WHM tipper driver giving me a tow along Rielly Road yesterday afternoon. Provided quite the Roubaix experience what with the s**t road surface, muddy puddles and plentiful dust :cry:

He stopped at the entrance to the old Bishopton Quarry (would have though that must be about full by now :shock: ) and as I passed gave a "Moan the Joansin" cry Oh ya dancer ! . Not sure if he recognised me or not as I was not in wheelers kit.

Went on from there up the other side of the quarry and towards the top of the hill where my front tyre blew out as a result of a split up the sidewall :cry: Had to wait for an hour and a half for the MRS to come and get me. At least it was sunny and warm 8-)

Perhaps said tipper driver can advise when WHM are going to repair that section of road. Back in the day we used to run an APR around there and through Houston, After having gone along the Georgetown, through Bisshy, 10tt course and back to Reilly Road. Was a pretty good circuit with a mixture of ups and downs for all. I remember a certain club president giving myself and Mark Whitehead a tow back to a break in the bunch in his car after the climb Take THAT, ya bas!

Colin Hello, beer !!

Hi, yes I noticed it was bad the other day and put a request in for its repair.

Regards

James

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ohnoahill said

Re: Spied a Wheeler

Spied a wheeler, in full kit, at lights at Finnieston this morning

...........and another!!! This time in Renfrew on way home tonight

Quite possibly me on both counts :grin:

Ian

Ohnoahill said

Quote:

Spied a wheeler, in full kit, at lights at Finnieston this morning

...........and another!!! This time in Renfrew on way home tonight

Quite possibly me on both counts

Ian

Hi Ian - could have been you passed me in Renfrew.. but think the guy at Finnieston was AN Other. Possibly Mark O??

:-?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yep, was me in Islay both Tuesday and Wednesday nights. My work over there is nearly coming to an end, so not many more trips. Arran next though!

The two routes I did were quiet and scenic, but would have perhaps been better done on the crosser! Bit rough!

Oh ya dancer !