Spied a Wheeler

coby

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jan wrote

Spied 1 wheeler and 2 people in black coming through Greenock this morning. Might have been McGinty or Andy D.

Funnily enough myself and Mr Cowden were in Greenock heading for Brisbane Glen yesterday around 11am, but neither of us wearing black or club kit, you had you eyes tested for colour blindness recently ;-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Burnfoot Rd, Lochwinnoch today about noon, JWCC top and black shorts - looked like he turned in then spun round to exit again?

I was outside in garden and shouted in case it was someone in need of mechanical assistance or something but mystery person didn't hear me (or dingeed me as my kids say)

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Kay,

Cheers. Only saw it was you as I was just about passed. I had just spotted another cyclist making his way up the Whin and I couldn't let him beat me! (Ok, so a bit competative, but JWCC colours did get to the top first! :lol:) Anway, was also quite out of breath, so couldn't really talk! :-?

Cheers,

R

saw 2 females 1 in club colours heading from kilbirnie to largs didnt get good enough look to see who it was ?

more like i read about a wheeler in todays paisley daily express ben peacock and his average speed of 30 mph on a time trial ( thats a very good sprint for me )

greig Hello, beer !!

About 1.30 yesterday afternoon on the A8, Greenock heading West; 1 Wheeler in club colours and friend dressed in black kit. Keeping what seemed to be a leisurely pace and enjoying the sun. Hope you were carrying more water than I did - after 60 miles I was licking the top tube just to try and keep some saliva moving...

Brian

• Committee
saw 2 females 1 in club colours heading from kilbirnie to largs didnt get good enough look to see who it was ?

more like i read about a wheeler in todays paisley daily express ben peacock and his average speed of 30 mph on a time trial ( thats a very good sprint for me )

greig Hello, beer !!

Well spotted. That was my wife (and friend) away for her first trip up Fairlie Moor from the sea side. She borrowed my jersey.

A

• 2 weeks later...

Alan, That was me pumped out the back. Stayed with the bunch as far as Kilmalcolm but could sustain the pace of the boy racers! I keep forgetting that I am 60 now!

Still overall did a brisk 41 miles which was a useful training contribution for my sportive on 27th.

P

• Committee

Graham Forsyth on the A8 by Braehead this morning.

Obviously back from a looting spree because no-one would pay money for Sky shorts, USA/Brooklyn top and a messenger bag in a faux courier stylee. Eeeuuugh.

Needs some manstyle counselling from fashionista Christie. Tweed, corduroy or gaberdine?

Sorry Graham Gawn, gie's a kiss.

Paul

Not me as I was in the gym in Edinburgh going through my recovery 8k run and discussing my out of season gym program with my personal trainer

And my legs were not overly sore today but thanks for you concern