Spied a Wheeler

coby

• Committee

This thread needs refreshed:

Tony Carrigan again, one year later, in pitch darkness, on the Langbank/Houston Road. Chased him down from the monkey house :grin:

Also I was delighted to see a flash of blue and yellow at the top of the Whin and came across a bunch of the mighty Jets out in training today.

One degree and snow tomorrow. I'll give a fiver to anyone seeing me out there.

A

Richard,

You lot with your winter sun training camps and forrays onto the Belgian Pave are far more professional than I have the time to be :roll:

I'am enjoying my lie ins at the weekends at the moment and don't venture out till about 11 these days Ya-a-aawwnnn

Still getting out every Sunday but stuck on the turbo through the week. Buying a set of rollers this weekend Stoooopid!

Cunning plan in place for next season but don't want to give away my secrets on here :roll:

Hope to make it out for some long steady miles over the Xmas period. Till then keep up the miles and stay safe one and all.

Colin Hello, beer !!

Part of cunning plan involves reviewing my diet:

Breakfast - Copious amounts of coffee laced with Jack Daniels

Lunch - Imported Spanish Meat followed by coffee and Jack Daniels

Dinner - Pigeon Pie starter with Spanish Meat Main followed by coffee and Jack Daniels

Supper- Jack Daniels followed by sex, sex and more sex

Did I ever tell you I had an unborn twin???????

:angryfire:madashell:uzi:flamethrower:rockets

Colin Hello, beer !!

Part of cunning plan involves reviewing my diet:

Breakfast - Copious amounts of coffee laced with Jack Daniels

Lunch - Imported Spanish Meat followed by coffee and Jack Daniels

Dinner - Pigeon Pie starter with Spanish Meat Main followed by coffee and Jack Daniels

Supper- Jack Daniels followed by sex, sex and more sex

Did I ever tell you I had an unborn twin???????

:angryfire:madashell:uzi:flamethrower:rockets

Colin Hello, beer !!

I gotta assume your wife ain't "quality assured" your post

Richard

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spied a bunch of wheelers out near Garelochhead on Sunday.... Good to see such a large bunch out this far west at this time of year. My research suggests Flanders is the motivation. Good luck with it, looks like fun.

Slightly more bizarrely I also spied an ex wheeler at the end of last year on a business trip to Portland Oregen. I went along for a Saturday club ride with the Portland Velo and was introduced to Paisley ex-pat Brian Cawley with comments of "perhaps you can understand what he's saying, we can't"....... Turns out he was an active wheeler back in the days before the Erskine bridge was built and told stories of when club rides to the north included a trip on the ferry. Not sure if many club members can remember that far back but I'd post that he's fit and well and still riding.

Seb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Well 3 actually, and not one in club colours :angryfire:angryfire:rockets:rockets Mr McCauley , Clare and Grant, 1st spotted on the road between the smiddy and Bish, gave them a toot, but i'm sure they thought I was some kind of road rager, then 5 mins later when I was unpacking my B&Q load from the roof rack, don't you just hate DIY, when you've just spotted your mates oot on their bikes :-x

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe not quite the same as "spied a wheeler" but had a very encouraging WHM tipper driver giving me a tow along Rielly Road yesterday afternoon. Provided quite the Roubaix experience what with the s**t road surface, muddy puddles and plentiful dust :cry:

He stopped at the entrance to the old Bishopton Quarry (would have though that must be about full by now :shock: ) and as I passed gave a "Moan the Joansin" cry Oh ya dancer ! . Not sure if he recognised me or not as I was not in wheelers kit.

Went on from there up the other side of the quarry and towards the top of the hill where my front tyre blew out as a result of a split up the sidewall :cry: Had to wait for an hour and a half for the MRS to come and get me. At least it was sunny and warm 8-)

Perhaps said tipper driver can advise when WHM are going to repair that section of road. Back in the day we used to run an APR around there and through Houston, After having gone along the Georgetown, through Bisshy, 10tt course and back to Reilly Road. Was a pretty good circuit with a mixture of ups and downs for all. I remember a certain club president giving myself and Mark Whitehead a tow back to a break in the bunch in his car after the climb Take THAT, ya bas!

Colin Hello, beer !!

hi colin it was me that was letting u draft behind me on the turningshaw rd on saturday morning i was going into the quarry i thought you heard me saying hello just after we passed the farm then i pulled up short of the gate so you could see the rest of the potholes that where in front of you before i rolled my window down and shouted mon the joansin i saw you laugh and give a wave when i sounded my horn

greig Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !