Confined APR

• Members

Anyone interested in riding a confined APR next Thursday 15th. May

New 7 mile circuit on top of the Braes ( dont panic its not Herdys hell :angryfire )

Circuit is rolling with no major climbs , groups will be set by yours truly with realistic time gaps ;-)

Circuit details :-

Start at Peesweep scout camp head west along Glenifer road toward Hall turn left onto Sergeantlaw road head back toward Paisley to turn right at first junction onto Shilford road proceed south to turn left at Fereneze road.

Proceed to turn left at first junction and head North to junction at Sergeantlaw road turn right and then left into Caplaw road head north to to left at junction onto Glenifer road to complete circuit ( 7 miles)

Finish line TBC

Looking to get at least 3 groups

any volunteers? looking to make it a regular event if enough bodies.

car parking at Car park top of Glenifer braes.

• Members

Hoping to start as near 7pm as possible meeting at entrance to Peesweep scout camp. Planning on 3 laps and finishing approx mile past scout camp so 22miles in all.

Still looking for more riders it will be lonely in scratch group with just Jim and Daryl :roll:

If Thursdays are not best day let me know what suits best , obviously avoiding clash with club confined TTs.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Everyone

Not wanting to highjack the thread. It is KMcD's gig. But I only get to go out on Thursdays and normally go out with the Renfrew bunch if I can. Would love to do this.

However, I make that only 4 definites. Anyone else? Don't think you can have a race with just 4 people. What's the minimum we need for three groups - at least 9.

Please post here if you are coming - or if you are a def/maybe. Should be a nice night with good weather and a great circuit, but with only 4 people...hmm?

DG

• Members

Daryl

I have a definite maybe of 4-5 for first group ( group which meets at Johnstone on a Thursday night )

second group :- James MacD , Kenny MacD , Richard Binnie

3rd. group :- Daryl Macgunson , Jim Dunlop , Stevie Blom

what about :- Mark van Whitehead , Alan Mclean , Duncan , Jim Daly , Chung , Mike F , George , Howie and Campbell off the front Hutcheson to name but a few ???

open to other clubs if anyone interested

I will come along. I will start in group 2 if you don't mind me missing the odd turn at the front and probably dying somewhere between lap 1 and lap 2.

Have plotted what I think is the route here:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... 4810620313

...it certainly comes to 7.03 miles which sounds right.

Anyone planning to ride to the start from Johnstone? See you at Milliken Park Roundabout at 6:30?

• Members

The road from Johnstone/Elderslie to Braes ( mount top ) is closed to fraffic for resurfcing ( passable on bike)

Anyone travelling by car can go up through Spateston or over past Robertson car park. I have arranged carparking at Lapwing lodge scout camp for anyone driving to APR ( please park on left hand side of carpark)

Circuit has been marked with paint at each junction to ensure no one goes off course and finish area marked along with 200 and 100 markers.

Weather has been organised for light winds and not too warm so its game on Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Kenny,

I will try to negotiate with wife, but since just back from boys weekend at applecross, probably doing bath/ bedtime duties. Ah domestic bliss

As for Alan, he did fantastically well up the bealach, 6th fastest to the top and going well. Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

unfortunately rider in front descending on damp and misty roads went down on nasty left hander and Alan then hit the deck.

No way of avoiding, but end result, sair leg and I doubt he will be on the bike in near future. :-(

I made steadier progress and finished in respectable placing, mind you just in front of Alan, who carried on and pedalled with only one leg!

Hope he gets well soon.

Cheers, have a good ride tonight, looks nice just now!

Duncan

• Members

Oh ya dancer !:rocketsOh ya dancer !

boy was that hard :cry:

1st. group Kenny MacD , Davie R , John D , Brian , Alistair.

2nd. group James , Richard , Mike , Tony

3rd. group Daryl , Jim D , Richie( rockhard)

2 nd group started well with tailwind but split in two on hills , James and Richard forging ahead of Mike & Tony.

scratch group :- Jim D showing his full time proffessional fitness as he set about the others :smash

longmarkers set off at a cracking pace before the hills took their tolls :oops:

but quickly regrouped and worked well as a group.

3 laps later Daryl sneaked off the front to claim the victory before James launched a last gap attack to oust Richie , Jim and Richard.

Lead out man old MacD moved over in last 50 to allow Alastair to sweep to victory in group 1 and John D sniffing a 2nd. was cruelly passed in last 5m by a well timed sprint by Davie R ( who didnt take great delight in rubbing it in ;-) )

First event and tales of woe and riders who blew everyone away Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Event number 2 next Thursday 7pm at Lapwing lodge

The groupings will be adjusted according to this weeks result

Alastair and Davie R promoted to group 2

James and Richard promoted to group 3

maybe an additional group 4 for scratch riders

see you next week Hello, beer !!

ps thanks to all who took part