Reliability No.4 West Kilbride

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Well its the final event of the reliabilities :shock:

The last chance to stretch your legs before the Don Smith.

With the low number in the 9:30 squad last week will we see an amalgamation either with 9:00 or 10:00 bunch? comments please

Also last chance for someone to display their soup making abilities Oh ya dancer !

Route : Georgetown , Smiddy , Bishopton , Cloch ,Largs , West Kilbride ????

over to Kenny S for the last part of the route , although we will not be releasing it till a souppee has been identified ;-)

Guest Jim Daly

OK, OK, I'll do the soup... Now Kenny can unleash the route home.

Don't worry, I'll outsource the soup to someone (Karen) who can actually cook.

I plan to start at 10am and still be first to sample the soup.

Anyone care to join me? :smash

Maybe Frank and Darryl will be even hungrier than last week.

• Committee

Hi

I'm working but if you go anticlockwise I'll try to join the bunch around Georgetown for a few miles on my way home.

I'll wait for the map. Kenny can you plug average speed into map to give the ETA at villages/towns? If the Giro and TDF can do it surely the JWCC can :lol:

Have a good day.

Alan

• Life Members

Hi all,

Will there be a 9.30am bunch?

Would there be sufficient number, last week we had 4 for the 9.30 lots, if the number is no greater, I think i'll join the 9.00am bunch if that's O.K.

David M, Donald & Leslie, Campbell, Mark W....... are you guys coming out to play?

Jim, I think Frank is doing the TT this Sunday.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chung,

I think you are right about Frank at the Icebreaker, I think Colin and Ramsay are also doing it too.

So from last weekends trip... Alan, Duncan, Frank, Colin and Ramsey will be missing. Not sure about the others

Jim won't be held back by us slackers then :grin:

Sounds like a small chase group

Duncan

• 2024 Subscriptions
Chung,

I think you are right about Frank at the Icebreaker, I think Colin and Ramsay are also doing it too.

So from last weekends trip... Alan, Duncan, Frank, Colin and Ramsey will be missing. Not sure about the others

Jim won't be held back by us slackers then :grin:

Sounds like a small chase group

Duncan

I won't be out this Sunday either. Have a good one.

Darryl

• 2023 Subscriptions
Hi all,

Will there be a 9.30am bunch?

Would there be sufficient number, last week we had 4 for the 9.30 lots, if the number is no greater, I think i'll join the 9.00am bunch if that's O.K.

David M, Donald & Leslie, Campbell, Mark W....... are you guys coming out to play?

Cheers

Chung

Howdy Chung,

I fancy a long lie this weekend (going to another ceilidh on Saturday night :rockband) so I'd be up for a 9:30 start.

Anyone else?

cheers

m

• Committee
The route for this Sunday is on the link below

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... /630440583

The official distance for Sunday is supposed to be 70 miles. The map shows it as being a little longer but as the last 6.64 miles are either downhill, flat or flat oot they don't count :lol::lol:

As Para Handy said "There will be no drinking. Chust beer."

Best said sternly, with a Hebridean lilt.

Thanks to Grant U for that one.

Alan

Hi Chung,

I hope to be there at 9.30, weather permitting. :grin:

Referring to Kenny's initial post, a 9am start obviously does not suit me, given that I'm travelling about 40 miles just to get there. Also, when Aileen wishes to come along on a club run, it takes half an hour to get to the clubroom from her house. So, if an amalgamation of either the meeting place or run or both is ever going to take place (and there have been several public views as to why it should), 9.30 would be preferable to us.

Anyway, it would also give Martin a long lie every Sunday! :lol:

Dennis

• 2023 Subscriptions

As Para Handy said "There will be no drinking. Chust beer."

Best said sternly, with a Hebridean lilt.

Exactly so. I remember Hogmanay on a polis-free hebride one year. Our driver for the evening, taking us round the island first footing, had (very) healthy drams at the first two stops. At the next house he refused whisky, "No more drinking, I'm driving", said he. :-( "I'll just have the sherry". :grin: And so it was until about 5 am and goodness knows how many stops.

Mind you, he did get us home no bother. And he was out to check the sheep at 6. Training, training, training.

:smash

• Members

Referring to Kenny's initial post, a 9am start obviously does not suit me, given that I'm travelling about 40 miles just to get there. Also, when Aileen wishes to come along on a club run, it takes half an hour to get to the clubroom from her house. So, if an amalgamation of either the meeting place or run or both is ever going to take place (and there have been several public views as to why it should), 9.30 would be preferable to us.

Ah but 9:30am is not preferable to all unfortunately Dennis.

Plus we have tried on severall occassions to amalgamate both groups for special runs , at later times and different locations to no avail.

Never mind the Don Smith gives us a chance to remedy this situation.

Unfortunately I dont see many club members from the 9:30 group on the start sheet at present.

• 2023 Subscriptions

8 hardy souls @ 09:30 - Simon S, Dennis, Lesley, Jim D, Campbell, Seb, Mike F and me.

First part of the run was hard fought progress against a block headwind: 1+ hour to the port, scuba riding :shock: between Wemyss Bay and Largs at 12:00, and then better progress up the traditional reliability route to Dalry (Kenny S, that map my thingummy will never catch on) arriving there at 1:00pm.

At that point the uber-traditionalists mul and simpson turned left and took the regular reliability route back towards Johnstone. This was entirely due to a personal preference not to end up with our heids in our hands by arriving home at 3:00pm or so. :smash:smash

How did Kilwinning six fare on the remainder of the modernised route? How was the loop de loop back at the club-rooms? And how did the early birds get on with their run?

cheers

Mul