Club Run Sunday 23 September

David McKellar

We have had very few club runs this year so before the winter sets in let's get out for what will be the last club run of the season.

The proposed route is to Rothesay over Loch Tarsan and onto Bute via the Colintraive to Rhubodach ferry and back over to Wemyss Bay with a compulsory lap of the island thrown in ;-)

Only those who have completed the lap of Bute will be entitled to a cafe stop :-P

If any of the new guys from the Thirty Milers want to join in then why not drive or take the train to Wemyss Bay and meet us at the ferry terminal at Rothesay for the run round the island.

Rothesay is also know as Scotland's Madera so sun block and shades will be the order of the day. 8-)

• Life Members

Dave,

Do we start from the clubroom & head down to Gourock for the ferry over to Dunoon? Or is there a short cut. ;-)

What time shall we start?

Come on everyone, this is a great run with brilliant sceenary and some decent hills. Count me in please.

Cheers

Chung

Here is the timings for the run to Bute this Sunday I have had a look at the Western Ferries timetable and we need to leave the Clubrooms at 8.30am.

If we leave any later and we will not make 10.00am ferry. :angryfire

This should get us in to Rothesay about 12.30.

Any of the thirty milers who may be joining us would need to be on the 11.00am ferry from Wemyess Bay which will get you into Rothesay at 11.40am so you will have to wait at the ferry terminal for the bunch to arrive.

Anyone who is joining the run please post here.

Remember money for 3 ferries and a cafe stop in Rothesay. Hello, beer !!

Don't think I've got 90 miles in my legs yet so I'm going for plan C. I'm going to drive down to Gourock and pick up the route from there. If I'm up early enough I'll probably aim for the 0930 ferry to give myself a starty up the hill. I'll see you all at the top - if I'm lying unconscious at the side of the road just leave me...... :-?

Cheers

SH

• Life Members

Like wise, guys, great to hear that you enjoyed the ride.

4 of us, Campbell, John C., Russell & myself started from the club room sharp at 8.30pm with David M not being able to join us but did turn up at the clubroom with a printed map of our plan route which really came in handy, Cheers for that.

Headed down the cycle track towards Port Glasgow for the 10am Gourock ferry and Frank manage to join us, but only for a wee while as he was still feeling the after effect of a nasty cold and peeled off before we got to BOW.

As we cross the water towards Dunoon, the sky cleared up and the sun was shinning on our back the whole day long, magic!

Stephen Hickie joined us on the top of the Loch Tarzon climb as we made our way towards Colintrave where another 3 from the 30 milers Frazer, John and Greg was waiting which swelled the bunch to 8. A steady loop round the island where everybody doing spells on the front and a punture for Frazer before we seattle in for a much needed lunch in Rothsay. Before that we even manage to wave off the road race that was taking place as part of the bike events that was happening in Rothsay. By the way how did you guys do? (Alan Mclean, Jim D & Duncan from the Wheelers)

Got back to the main land after 4pm and the final run in back to the clubroom with the 4 who started in the morning and Greg joining us.

All in all 92 miles on the clock and 3 ferry trips back home just before 6.30pm.

What a great day out, especially with the weather being so kind. Good effect by eveyone and welldone to the 30 milers and Greg for doing a PB. Good to see Stephen back, remember skiing is a much more dangerous sport that cycling ;-);-)

So ........... when do we put our mudguards back on.

Cheer

Chung

Thanks all. Plan C worked very well for me - I was all over the road on the climb up from Loch Striven - it was just as well I was on my own for that part of the day. Good to meet up with some old faces again. Excellent riding around Bute with the pace such that everyone could keep together. The JWCC even managed to inject a sizeable amount of money into the Bute economy with a rather splendid lunch.

And well done to Jim, Alan and Duncan. That was a class field for the road race. You did well to spend even a short time at their pace.

Cheers

SH