Millport team time trial

Kenny MacDonald

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jim Daly

Johnstone Wheelers got 6th with a time of 24:03 using a 2-up effort.

3 man team of fixed-tri, road-tri and road bike configurations.

New "members" Terry and Scott from the Inverclyde Velo plus me got a wee bit wet.

Jim

Apologies for this.. mixed up the weekends and had previously commited to ride Glasgow Edinburgh on the tandem with my daughter.

Marco Van Whitehead was out and about on this as were 3000 odd seriously wet people.

Still, the Gallery of Modern Art had good soup, coffee and Kiddies Art Pack day shame about all the silly pictures on the wall and the even sillier commentaries on their significance

Never done 60 miles on the tandem before; 1 puncture (no spare tube... v silly) , 3 food / sock squeezing stops and 4 and a half hours...

ss

• Members

Simon - it was good to see another friendly Johnstone Wheeler face in this event! That's the wettest day I've had on the bike all year - even wetter than the Erskine century ride! Was still good though. It was good to see all the different sorts of weird and wonderful bikes being ridden, of which your tandem must rank as one of the most eye catching! :grin:

Take it easy and see you for another sing song at the Arran weekend, if not before!

Mark