TL is Coming

XXX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Relatively small group in the B's which was welcome for the first night back. Started off with a scratch and was in a break of 2 with about 6 to go but got caught on the bell. Second scratch race in a break again from about 9 to go and caught with 1.5 to go. Third was the points, hanging a bit here - got a point but never really competitive. Last race was the tempo - race went hard from the gun and then went even harder after the first points lap when Sammy attacked and got pretty big gap. Was a struggle catching but i knew there was noone on my wheel at that point so could commit to the chase. Eventually caught and rolled him on the 3rd sprint and tried to maintain as long as i could which was 4 laps then i think it was James that caught me but i was seeing stars by that point. I think 4 was enough for the win. Good showing from all the Jets tonight. 👍

Now i cant sleep and have a major case of track cough. Good to be back :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Back to track league after being ill for a couple of weeks. Feel like ive lost some fitness plus probably still some lingering effects of a virus so found it pretty hard. First couple of scratch races i  would get dropped, then back on, then dropped, then back on again. Unable to go with any accelerations so just rode steady in the race but not really a part of it. Points was a bit easier however i did nothing.  Last was a tempo -i didnt contest the early sprints then tried to get one about midway, failed, went back in the wheel and sat in for another lap then went again but much earlier. Got about a half a lap up on the chasers and managed to maintain that to the finish scoring a few times and getting the win. Tough night for me but at least ended on a positive note!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Good night of racing tonight. First race was a short scratch and i did nothing. 2nd race was a longer scratch and i went with 9 to go which seems to be a recurring theme of foolishness each week :D  Had a reasonable gap but got caught just before the bell. Next was points race, i got a couple of 4ths which wasn't good enough. I cant seem to sprint anymore. Last was a devil - the first one ive raced since pre-Covid and eliminated about half way. Anyway enjoyable night - unlike me the Jets are all going well at the moment!

• 2023 Subscriptions
9 hours ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Good night of racing tonight. First race was a short scratch and i did nothing. 2nd race was a longer scratch and i went with 9 to go which seems to be a recurring theme of foolishness each week :D  Had a reasonable gap but got caught just before the bell. Next was points race, i got a couple of 4ths which wasn't good enough. I cant seem to sprint anymore. Last was a devil - the first one ive raced since pre-Covid and eliminated about half way. Anyway enjoyable night - unlike me the Jets are all going well at the moment!

At least you can unleash your feeble sprint , all I can do is keep my tubs inflated and clean my track bike.😂

• 2023 Subscriptions

Last night of track league of 2021 - started with a scratch, felt alright but when the pace picked up with 5 to go i was too far back and on the wrong wheel - moved up a bit but the front of the race was gone. Next was another scratch, similar story - felt alright but the wrong side of a split with about 3 to go.  Then the points, just followed wheels for the first 20 laps then Ian Fraser attacked after that sprint, he got quite a sizeable gap quickly and after a couple of laps i was able to get across without towing anyone else over. Worked well together and Ian asked me to do a double turn so he could recover a bit and in return he let me have the sprint. Continued to work together and looked like we could get  the lap but the bunch would just accelerate a bit everytime it got close! Held on with it pegged about half a lap and i got the last sprint and with it double points and the win. Been trying for weeks to get an attack to stick so really pleased with how it turned out! Last was a tempo - Sam took it up early and won the first sprint, i then went for it but got rolled on the line, then dropped back for a lap and attacked...but got rolled again by someone else. Then i tried to come round the next lap but couldnt but continued hard after the sprint. AND GOT ROLLED AGAIN by someone else 😵. At least after this one we had a gap and started working together - i got one point, then swung off to let him have the next. However a lapped rider then dropped in between the two of us and got in the way. I should really have shouted at him to swing up not to interfere but by this point i was burst and could barely talk. Ended up 4th with 1 point, wouldnt have won but should have been 2nd so a bit disappointed. However overall a good nights racing and a pleasing way to end the first block of racing.

Things start back again on the 5th January.

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

My first time back racing since early December. Started with a scratch and i was awful, off the back and chasing for 10 of the 15 laps. Second was another scratch could at least hold on this time but didnt do anything. Third was a points - usual tactic of not contesting the first few sprints and waiting to do something in the latter part of the race. Someone attacked and had a decent gap and eventually 2 others tried to get across then another chased them and i managed to get across to them. We never caught the rider out front and for the final sprint i didnt have much left so only got a point. Last was a devil, rode it on the front but eliminated with 6 to go so no points but a good effort at least. Things got a bit better as the night went on but ive gone backwards in the last couple of months and some work to do...only 4 weeks of racing left though!

Well done to Sam taking the step up to the A group and in the mix there. Scoring some points in the tempo and points race i think.