Sunday 26th September Whole Club run

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

26th September sees our first planned Whole club run of the year. Meeting at Amaretto’s in Bridge of Weir, riders will set of in mixed capability groups round the coast to Largs, first bunch off at 09:30. The route will be up the cycle track to Port Glasgow, over the wall and down the Whin, then round the coast from there, riding at the pace of the slowest rider in the bunch. Sufficient numbers should see multiple groups of 12 to 16 riders, around 5 minutes apart. Once we know the numbers, it’s probably a good idea to let the Bagel Basket know that a number of cyclists will be turning looking for sustenance.

After the Bagel Basket, riders are welcome to revert to their normal groups and choose their own route back to home or Amaretto’s.

I will need a number of bunch leaders on the day to keep the bunches together. I will not be attending this ride as I’m away for a week.

I am also aware that this is the September weekend, and large numbers may be away, so if there is a strong preference, I am happy to slide this run to 10th October.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Between the September weekend and the school October break, the whole club run to Largs is rescheduled to 24th October.

Meeting at Amaretto’s in Bridge of Weir, riders will set of in mixed capability groups round the coast to Largs, first bunch off at 09:30. The route will be up the cycle track to Port Glasgow, over the wall and down the Whin, then round the coast from there, riding at the pace of the slowest rider in the bunch. Sufficient numbers should see multiple groups of 12 to 16 riders, around 5 minutes apart. Once we know the numbers, it’s probably a good idea to let the Bagel Basket know that a number of cyclists will be turning looking for sustenance.

After the Bagel Basket, riders are welcome to revert to their normal groups and choose their own route back to home or Amaretto’s.