2up TT championship, 7th September

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The final club confined Time Trial event of the season, where there are 2 trophies up for grabs. The first is the David Raymond trophy, a handicapped event based on the difference between the average 10 mile pace and the actual pace of the team members on the night. The other trophy is for the fastest pair on the night. In the event of the same pair winning both trophies, then the David Raymond trophy will go to the second placed couple in the handicapped event, under the ‘one rider, one trophy’ guideline.

Anyway, 6:30 meet for 6:45 off. Post up if you’re coming along, and also confirm your teammate.

And can I have a volunteer to timekeep please.

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 8/31/2021 at 8:46 PM, AlanT said:

The final club confined Time Trial event of the season, where there are 2 trophies up for grabs. The first is the David Raymond trophy, a handicapped event based on the difference between the average 10 mile pace and the actual pace of the team members on the night. The other trophy is for the fastest pair on the night. In the event of the same pair winning both trophies, then the David Raymond trophy will go to the second placed couple in the handicapped event, under the ‘one rider, one trophy’ guideline.

Anyway, 6:30 meet for 6:45 off. Post up if you’re coming along, and also confirm your teammate.

And can I have a volunteer to timekeep please.

Sammy and James will be with you. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think James gets the man of the match. A GT rule of thumb is you can go a minute quicker on a wheel (equally matched pair taking turns - 30s). James to take one and a half minutes off his best must first have been millimetres off Sam's back wheel and second, buried himself to stay there. Balls of steel on both counts. Double kudos. And single kudos for Sam to have been so steady to bring them home.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Congrats to Ian and Iain for a quick time (and the win) on a lovely evening, and a big well done to Sam and James on another blistering sub 16. In terms of the David Raymond Trophy, I’ll need the best 10 time set in the last three years for Sam, James and Team Gunson, who also produced a brilliant sub 17 time on their first TT for a while. I think I have times for everyone else.

Iain Couttie pulled out with a mechanical? so Geo had to run solo.

I have transferred £27 to club funds.

Amd finally, thanks to Dave F for timekeeping and to Kenny for providing welcome support at the turn.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Checking back against times from 2 years ago, the I team were a full 45 seconds faster than the last event, and Sam and James time would easily have won 2 years ago. Good to see the standard going up