Turbo advice

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ginty, I did a good bit of reading on the matter of direct drives, particularly tacx offerings. The flux did get a reasonable write up. However, the neo T2 generally is considered top of the shop time after time in reviews by users. I did a couple of comparison shop based tests on the kickr. Got to say it’s marginal but I am more than content with the neo T2. It has been a ‘joy’ to use. No issues whatsoever. 
Like most things cycling there will be divided opinions but I can recommend the T2. A definitely expensive but if you can stretch the budget and find one then it’s worth the extra IMO. 
If you want to try before you buy you’re welcome to drop in. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

The flux is ok and will probably do all you need , but Taxc is now owned by Garmin so you have there customer service standards. What you need to do is decide what you want from the trainer , then buy the one that hits all your needs . The Neo is probably the best over 2000 watts , slope is great so any climb feels hard , plus you have road feel and the ability to use it un plugged, but are you going to use these features. 

• 2 weeks later...