Langbank Hilly TT 28th August

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The hilly TT championship is normally run over three events, with points awarded for 1st , 2nd and 3rd in each race. This year has been different, so this years Hilly TT championship will be decided on the basis of 1 event, held on 28th August, decided on first past the post.

09:45 meet in Langbank for 10:00 off, post up if you’re coming along. As usual, we need a volunteer to timekeep on the day.

• 2023 Subscriptions

There are roadworks in Houston village, due to be cleared on Friday 27th, so keep an eye on the bunch to confirm this is actually the case.

On the upside, it means some new, smooth tarmac through the village.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I’ll check the road through the village this afternoon, but I expect it will be open.

Following the event there will be a short social run to Bridge of Weir, where tea, coffee and scones will be available for purchase.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for volunteering. Having just checked the road out, it is still closed. Given that the closure is right at a crossroads, we will need a Marshall there to ensure rider safety..

The alternative to having a dead turn is to cancel the event, but I’m not keen on doing that. So assume the event is on.

• 2023 Subscriptions

We’ve got a volunteer to Marshall at the turn, so it’s as advertised, 09:45 meet for 10:00 off, 10-ish miles, lots of up involved. And afterwards, there will be cake, because we are athletes.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Huge thanks to Ian McT for timekeeping and to David Cowan for marshalling at the turn. Congrats to Ian for the win on the day. No PBs on today’s course, since we turned before Houston, but didn’t seem to make it any less hard.

The gentle spin back to Amaretto’s for coffee and rolls was very welcome.

I have transferred £15 to the club account.