Sunday 22nd August..Troon

Dave C

• 2023 Subscriptions

Planning trip to Troon for coffee this weekend if rain stays away. 

Clubrooms 9 am Miller St.

Route via Bowfield, Dunlop, Stewarton,  Kilmaurs, Crosshouse, Dundonald, Brassie and on to Blueberry Cafe.

Return via Irvine, Kilwinning. About 60 miles 

Who is up for it.

Dave

• Life Members

Set off nice & early this morning from my house & got to the clubroom 0855 ...... not a soul to be seen except from a few dog walkers .... oops, have I got the time/date wrong? ........ so rode round the Miller Street estate as I didn't fancy standing on my toad ..... luckily by the time I came back, there were 13 fellow club mates had already turned up waiting ...... phew!

So, 14 of us - Alan T, Ali M, Andy R & James R (Jets), Anthony, Carol M, Carol & David, Frank, Gary, Graham, Jullie, Mitch & myself set off for sunny Troon!

Working well together & setting a nice pace where everyone was comfortable ..... A few stronger riders decided to take longer spells, which was no doubt welcome by some and me especially 🙂 I only manage ONE turn on the front all day ....... riding on the front is so over-rated anyway 🙂

It wasn't as lumpy as last week but still some drags in parts ..... Jullie left us in Kilmeurs, leaving 13 to continue on our way to Troon!

The blueberry Cafe is always one of my favourite, great baking & proper china for my tea ..... how posh! Service was great and quick too considering there were 13 hungry cyclist all wanting fed at the same time!

By the time we left the place the weather has gone much warmer too, so off comes the layers to enjoy the sun a bit.

The return leg just continue on where we left off earlier ...... I think Alan & Graham just sat on the front all the way back to the Bowfield before Ali made an attacked which was followed by young James, everyone then joined in and the descend down the Bowfield (second Sunday running) was fantastic ...... a wee regrouping at the bottom & we rode all the way back to the Johnstone again as we started in the morning!

Brilliant run again organised by David & Alan for leading on the return leg 🙂

Thanks to all for the wheels & company today ...... another cracker!

Cheers & thanks for reading ..... now for some photies courtesy of Carol & Graham

JWCC 1 22AUG.JPG

JWCC 2 22 AUG.JPG

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great run out today. Thanks to Dave for calling it, and, yes the return to Bowfield did get a bit lively. By the time we decided to chase Ali, he was gone.