Frank Lauder 2021

Gerard Deeley

• 2023 Subscriptions

After an absence that we would all rather forget about the Frank Lauder 10m TT is back!

The usual route along the Westferry course to establish a new or repeated champion in the club.  The weather forecast is favourable; dry with light winds and frequent outbreaks of painful grimacing along the way.

As usual we will need the generous services of a timekeeper for this event.  I will check the roadworks in the afternoon and post up here.

Post up here if you intend to ride.

• 2023 Subscriptions
21 hours ago, Gerard Deeley said:

After an absence that we would all rather forget about the Frank Lauder 10m TT is back!

The usual route along the Westferry course to establish a new or repeated champion in the club.  The weather forecast is favourable; dry with light winds and frequent outbreaks of painful grimacing along the way.

As usual we will need the generous services of a timekeeper for this event.  I will check the roadworks in the afternoon and post up here.

Post up here if you intend to ride.

Young Master Edgar doesn’t have a logon for the bunch but he’s planning on coming out to play. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
28 minutes ago, Gerard Deeley said:

If anyone gets the chance could you check out the route and the roadworks.  It was my intention to do it but I am unexpectedly in hospital with my youngest son.  I may still get the chance later on today, but I cannot be sure of it.

Hope everything goes ok with you all.

I’ll try and get a run through this afternoon.

• 2023 Subscriptions
33 minutes ago, AlanT said:

Hope everything goes ok with you all.

I’ll try and get a run through this afternoon.

Thank you very much Alan.  Wee soul crashed at the skate park and we are waiting for a theatre slot.  Arranging to rearrange today’s and tomorrow’s plans so if I am not there tonight have a good one.

• 2023 Subscriptions

OK, there's good news and bad new on the Westferry. The bad news is that there is a lane closure on the section approaching the Langbank roundabout, westbound. The good news is that it's supposed to be clear by 15:30 this afternoon. https://trafficscotland.org/map/index.aspx?type=3

So. lets assume that the event will be going ahead, and I will check it out tonight on my way to the meet. If the cones are still in place then, the event will be cancelled for this year. It's a long way from ideal, but is probably the best we can do in the circumstances.

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 hours ago, Gerard Deeley said:

Thank you very much Alan.  Wee soul crashed at the skate park and we are waiting for a theatre slot.  Arranging to rearrange today’s and tomorrow’s plans so if I am not there tonight have a good one.

Sorry to hear that G, hope all goes well in theatre. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Some good times on what looked like a pretty hard and windy night.

Alan Thomson 25.39

Dave Ferguson 27.07

Dom Sharkey 24.04

Sam Edgar 22.15

Congratulations to Sam and well done to all ,

Thanks to Kenny and Colin for the company and assisting .

Alan T has collected the money.

• 2024 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Scott M said:

Some good times on what looked like a pretty hard and windy night.

Alan Thomson 25.39

Dave Ferguson 27.07

Dom Sharkey 24.04

Sam Edgar 22.15

Congratulations to Sam and well done to all ,

Thanks to Kenny and Colin for the company and assisting .

Alan T has collected the money.

Well done everyone, especially to Sam. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

£9.00 has been transferred to the club account, with Dom and Dave both owed £2 as I had no change.

Huge congratulations to Sam on winning the Frank Lauder 10 mile TT championship. I think he may be the first Jet to do so, but if someone out there knows differently, I am happy to stand corrected. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Congratulations to Sam on a very good time on the west ferry ,

However it must be time for change with limited attendance on any of the confined events , the organisers and the committee must look at ways of attracting more entrants , I have suggested running these as low level open events , but this seems to have been binned as a bad idea , but at least it opens the doors for more entries

Because we always did it like this doesn’t mean we should do it this way now , things open to change should include Day of the week , course etc , and who can ride . Seems a bit of a shame just doing the same thing and watching participation dwindle .  

• 2023 Subscriptions

I've been pondering that very issue for some months (years), and there are no simple, easy solutions. If there were, it would have been done. However, as always, if you have some positive ideas, the committee will be delighted to consider them.