League of 10 Westferry, 3rd August

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Subject to the A8 roadworks remaining inactive, the next installment of the league of 10 will take place on 3rd August. &:00 meet for 7:15 off, rear lights are mandatory.

I will timekeep, but I need at least three riders for the event to take place. This is your penultimate opportunity to get a practice run in ahead of the club 10 mile championship on 17th August. 

Finally, can anyone who is in the area check on the Westferry during Tuesday morning to confirm that the roadworks are still inactive and both lanes are open in both directions. Ta.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I have had a trip along the route to check out the roadworks.  The cones are all still at the side of the road, the lay by is still closed and there is no sign of any work being done soon.  It is clear that there is still some work to be done, so we should check every week we plan on using this course.  This should mean we are all good to go for tonight.

N.B. There is a temporary 40mph speed limit for part of the route, it shall be at individual rider’s discretion to observe this.

• 2023 Subscriptions

So only 3 riders on a better than expected evening. Sunny, with a westerly breeze pushing the riders home.

David Ferguson 25:50, pb, paid

Scott McIntosh 24:32, paid

Gerard Deeley 24:02, paid x3

Congrats to David on the pb.

I have transferred £15 to the club account.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Lovely evening all in for me.  Met Elaine Muirhead on the way to the Westferry.  Posted a decent time with a really steady effort in great conditions and all the luck with the traffic.  Big thank you to Alan for timekeeping tonight too.  Nice wee bonus beer afterwards with Alan and the Cowans.  I also could not forget our new potential recruit to the Wheelers!?