League of 10 #3, 29th June,

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

A return to the Westferry in preparation for the upcoming 10 mile club championship.

7.00 meet for 7.15 off. Usual meeting place at the bottom of Bishopton Hill. Can we get a volunteer to timekeep please.

Just a reminder that rear lights are mandatory.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sadly, the lane closure that was supposed to end on 11th June is still in place, and likely to remain so for some time. We will not be racing on the Westferry this, or probably next week, and the Frank Lauder 10 is also in jeopardy. 
So, we have a choice.

1. Use the restricted gear course for a 2 lap, 10 mile event as part of the league of 10.

2. Use the Hilly course as part of the league of 10.

3. Georgetown road for another Chocolate series.

4. Abandon this week completely.

My favoured option would be 1, because it could be a straight swap on the calendar assuming the Westferry reopens in mid July.

Sensible opinions please.

• 2023 Subscriptions

All right then, given the limited responses, we will go to the restricted gear course

The course:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/651582320

Please note that the start point has been moved to the duck pond where parking is better and traffic is slower. This should make the start a little safer for everyone.

same timing, 7.00 for 7.15 off. I’d really like 2 marshals (turn 1 and turn 4) as well as a timekeeper, but I’ll take what I can get.

Meetup at the clubrooms for 6pm to ride up as a bunch is also an option, but post up if you’re coming along

• 2023 Subscriptions

2 riders and a timekeeper. Sorry, guys, I really need at least one more rider to make this worthwhile. If no one posts up they’re riding by 5 pm tomorrow, I’ll call the event off.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ok, bare minimum of riders achieved. Anyone for meeting at the clubrooms to cycle up to the course? Departing Miller Street no later than 6:15.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for timekeeping Dave. Hope the midgies weren’t too bad.
it was a beautiful night for a TT, good times everyone.

I have transferred £6 to the club account.