Saturday 26/06/21

• 2023 Subscriptions
12 hours ago, Darryl Gunson said:

Yes, I’d be up for this. Robbie too, probably. Early start a good idea. No dawdling? Anyone can have a bad day! 

You know what I mean. Not death by bongo pace but also not cyclotouristé either 👍

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just to add to the colourful debate  - it was Jan who dreamt up this one a good few years ago - big day out. As you can see on his Strava link we did the Mennock pass from the South which I reckon is best as psychologically you are a bit closer to home after the descent. Café stop at top of Mennock was very nice. I reckon when you get to Dungavel returning via Galston is best bet (don't listen to Archibald and his Eaglesham :)) for simple reason roads are known and by that time you are thinking shortest way home !

Second café stop in Muirkirk always an option at the Greasy Spoon - home of the chicken burger. When we did it we didn't have a 2nd stop but did raid a supermarket in Darvel for as much chocolate and biscuits as we could eat.

Have fun

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi folks 
The Wanlockhead run mooted by George 👆 needs a good size bunch, which for various reasons we didn’t have.
So, some of us are headed out for some ferry fun instead. 8.30 sharp from Miller Street (9am sharp at Langbank) for the 10am Gourock ferry to Hunter’s Quay. From there to Colintrive, over to Bute, and ferry back to mainland. All welcome.