Ride with Pippa York Tuesday 8th June

Darryl Gunson

• 2024 Subscriptions

Message from Drew Wilson: there is a photo shoot and ride with Pippa next Tuesday at 11am. All welcome. Would be good to get a few JWCC jerseys in the photos 😎

The venue is at Drew’s shop at Crow Rd, Lennoxtown, Glasgow G66 7GX

image.png.d7e45326ae591737e90e7f2bd938758b.png

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good turnout today for the mural unveiling - after that a ride over the Crow and then a loop through Killearn and Strathblane and back to the start. 

I’d like the record to state i was joint first to the top of the Crow - beating everyone else including the former Tour de France polka dot jersey winner in the process. A show of strength from Scotlands premier cycling club to the watching media.....I may have started 5 minutes before everyone else but it still counts 🤣

6371BC4D-8D9D-4400-949D-E6CC2A88DD80.jpeg

• 2023 Subscriptions

I would have been down first if it was not for a pesky puncture on those stupid council road blobs that pass for maintenance these days.

A great turnout of cyclists and the media.  It was disturbingly left to me to speak to the BBC and the Scotsman, good job I can converse in fluent gibberish.  A good blast round the Campsies with many cyclists.  Followed by lunch with Pippa, where we heard a load of stuff about what went on in the pro peloton back in the days; plenty of names named and shameful behaviours.  Nice to see Chung, it has been too long and new member Geo.