Sam Dooley 25 mile TT Sunday 22nd August

• 2023 Subscriptions

The Sam Dooley Memorial 25 TimeTrial will be held on Sunday 22/8/21. Entry via CTT website.

As ever we require a lot of volunteers for this event. We require 12-14 Marshalls for the course as well as assistance with catering sign on & time recording.

If you are able to assist please post up. 

You would be required between 8 am & 12 noon

Headquarters are Bishopton Community Centre Gledstane Road Bishopton PA75AU

Post up below if you can help out, or PM me if you prefer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

The closer this event gets, the more I’m thinking that riding it is a really bad idea. Happy to help out with whatever needs done, and I can bring a pop up gazebo if it’s needed.

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 8/10/2021 at 8:51 AM, DavidC said:

The Sam Dooley TT has been cancelled this year.

We have had difficulties in sorting out permissions for the event and with the possibility of roadworks made it too difficult to arrange a safe TT.

Thank you to all that volunteered to be marshals

David the roads and the police never actually give permission for the event, in fact they usually make it as difficult as possible, I think they do this deliberately and do not support local sport . Just think how easy organising next years event will be now you have had all this learning 😀

You deserve a free pint from all of the committee at the AGM , unfortunately I have to give my apologies for it as I will be washing my hair

• 2023 Subscriptions

That is disappointing, but I understand the risks around the roadworks, and I think that with the uncertainty around that it’s a good call. Well done for getting that far along with it.