The return of the Confined Events, Tuesday 11th May 6.45 for 7:00 start

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

I am pleased to advise that the first of the 2021 confined events will take place on Tuesday 11th May, first rider off at 7:00pm.

The event is a 10 mile time trial, officially #2 in the league of 10, but actually the first to be held.

There are some changes to the format from previous seasons, due to coronavirus restrictions.

Riders will turn up, give their details and money to the timekeeper, ride the event and then go home. There will be no holders. Times will be posted on the bunch in due course.

For the purpose of covid restrictions, the timekeeper will be the designated ride leader and will forward the track and trace info to Eric.

It's been a long time waiting folks, so good luck to everyone who chooses to ride. I need a volunteer to timekeep.

I'll be looking for a sub 30 minute ride.....

• 2023 Subscriptions
5 hours ago, Dave F said:

I'm keen to try my first TT this year. I've only got my normal road bike and kit, so it'll need to be that. Assuming that's okay, could someone post a link to the course and meeting point please?

Ta

More than ok to do it on a road bike :) 

It's roughly this course https://www.strava.com/segments/1287678

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 5/3/2021 at 1:24 PM, Dave F said:

I'm keen to try my first TT this year. I've only got my normal road bike and kit, so it'll need to be that. Assuming that's okay, could someone post a link to the course and meeting point please?

Ta

I just pop on some aero bars to a road bike and do fine.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Lovely night for a TT last night. Not too cold, not much wind, only downside was 18 months since the last time we did that. Well done to Sam, Dave and Paul on their first Westferry 10. You will get faster as you get used to the course.

• 2023 Subscriptions
4 hours ago, Gerard Deeley said:

I have forgotten my time for last night!  May we have them posted up please so I know if I improve next week.

Apparently you were three seconds faster than a man old enough to be your father.🤣🤣

• 2023 Subscriptions

Absolutely. Great time for any rider, never mind a youth. Well done Sam, worthy winner on the night. Well done to Paul and David too, for their first TT.