Pedals

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hello all,

Hope you are well.

Elaine has never really got on well with unclipping from Look Keo Max 2 pedals, so I’m looking to get something different.

I had thought of Speedplays, but am fairly out of what is good or not.

Any recommendations for road pedals that are not too difficult to unclip from would be welcome.

Cheers,

Ramsay

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Ramsay

i used  Speedplay  for years. Very easy to clip in and out. The new walkable cleat covers are a nice improvement. I changed because they were quite high maintenance, and expensive. 

You might consider Time Espresso. V light; good value, v easy to clip in and out.

Or, you might try SPDs - maybe go high end such as XTR. By far the easiest pedal to use, and very robust. Higher end versions are also very light.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hello Ramsay, hope all good with you both

I have used Espresso's for a few years now, would recommend them, they are very good. I reckon go for the first one in the range which has the metal wear plate - last time I bought a pair it was the Espresso 4.  

Only small downside is cleats wear out a bit quicker than others. 

cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cheers gents,

Will have a look at these. 

However, I have just changed Elaine’s Keos for mine and they seem so much easier for her, so perhaps it was the actual pedals! I’ll see how she gets on with these and have a look at the ones that have just come off (the adjustment was at the lowest setting). 🙄

Thank you both. Hope you’re both well. 

R😊👍🏻