Time for a new Garmin

Codg1e

• 2023 Subscriptions

So some of you will know I've been cycling (properly) for about 10 years now, 5  years on my tod, and 5 of those with a club, with two most recent years with JWCC.  Was using an app on my iPhone (not strava) to log my rides at first, then discovered the joys of a Garmin in 2016.  Now, 4.5 years later my 'trusty' Edge 520 is on its last legs so I'm looking to upgrade come payday.  I love big long....  days in the saddle 😆 like door to door round Arran, maybe even a mythical DA some time soon, so ideally I want something compact/similar size to the 520, but with longer battery life.  I'm immediately looking at the Edge 530...  but has anyone got any other recommendations?  Don't want to spent any more than £300.  An alternative would be to just use Strava on iPhone until April when a newer Garmin Edge would be due to come out (530 plus or 540)?    Any advice you have would be great.  Cheers :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

I’ve had an edge 1000 for a few years, mainly because I needed the bigger screen to see the numbers. There’s no point in having a computer that displays your output in real time if you can’t bloody see it. 🤔