JWCC Carbeth hut?

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi all, an enquiry from bike radar. Any of our more mature members know anything?

Hello Johnstone wheelsers!

My name is Jack Luke and I am the Assistant Editor at BikeRadar.com I hope you’re doing well and had a nice weekend? A quick question – a friend of mine recently became the custodian of the Kinross CTC club hut:

I am fascinated by these huts and their history. They sit outside of the bothying tradition and very little has been written about them.

I recalled that, in Ian R Mitchell's book 'Walking through Scotland's History', that a number of cycling clubs had huts at Carbeth. Alonside the Clarion, the Carbeth Hutters association believe that the Lomond Roads and Johnston Wheelers had a presence there.

Do you, or does anyone in your club, know about any hut that the club owned or maintained at Carbeth (or elsewhere) before your current clubhouse?

I’m in the early days of researching this piece but putting feelers out for now.

I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Jack Luke 

Assistant editor, BikeRadar.com