Sunday 16/08/20

• 2023 Subscriptions

As we edge gradually back to semi-normality we are now allowed club runs, albeit in reduced group sizes and with safeguards in place.

The committee have given the ok for club rides to start up but only in groups of a maximum of 5. We can do multiple groups though, so long as we don’t mix. 
With this in mind I propose the first ride to meet at 9:30am this Sunday outside the club rooms. It’ll be the bog standard ride to BB in Largs. The reason being it’s somewhere we are familiar with so less chance of any social distancing faux pas in the cafe. If all goes well we can do different routes each week.

If folk post up here to let me know they are coming I will call the BB to book a table as it’s reduced capacity and bound to be busy, going by the forecast.

anyone wishing to attend must give me their phone number so I can pass it on to Eric, our Covid officer. I will bring hand sanitizer which anyone is free to use but ideally you will  bring your own. 
If someone has a mechanical they will have to fix it themselves due to 2 metre rule.

Finally, if you have a dry cough, have lost your sense of smell &/or taste or have a temperature PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done George, for taking this on. Personally, I don’t fancy taking part in bunch rides at all right now, but I totally understand the desire for others. Stick to the rules, stay safe, stay well, stick to FACTS.

• 2023 Subscriptions
6 hours ago, AlanT said:

Well done George, for taking this on. Personally, I don’t fancy taking part in bunch rides at all right now, but I totally understand the desire for others. Stick to the rules, stay safe, stay well, stick to FACTS.

We will 100% be sticking to the rules, Alan. Less risk than sitting in a pub or restaurant at the moment. I did see a training bunch on south side of Glasgow that had 28 riders in it though and we wonder why people hate cyclists....

• 2023 Subscriptions
5 hours ago, George said:

We will 100% be sticking to the rules, Alan. Less risk than sitting in a pub or restaurant at the moment. I did see a training bunch on south side of Glasgow that had 28 riders in it though and we wonder why people hate cyclists....

Apparently the biggest bunch they've had in decades - crazy at times like this.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good to get out today with Eric & Colin S. Nice wee ride down the coast with a wheel-about into Largs where our reserved table was waiting for us outside in the sun. Das Bagelhausen very much on the ball regards Covid safety measures. 

Next week is Galston leg bender. Doesn’t matter about weather as you always get manky, regardless 🙄