Arran (leisurely pace)

Jannza

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Unless its a northerly wind (or north westerly or north easterly) then clockwise should be fastest. On a still day i'd prefer to do it clockwise too, south half of the island is harder so better to do that with fresh legs.

Ta, booked tickets for tomorrow. Forecast currently wind coming from West.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Unless its a northerly wind (or north westerly or north easterly) then clockwise should be fastest. On a still day i'd prefer to do it clockwise too, south half of the island is harder so better to do that with fresh legs.

Glad I took your advice and headed south first. Tired legs by the time I got to Machrie.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, P McDonald said:

chapeau Jann, enjoy tomorrow, report please to whet our appetites !

Alarm was set for 7am, set off at 8am. I was booked on the 09:40 ferry. Joined by another 9 or maybe 11 people and bikes.

Didn't have any breakfast, thought I would get a bacon roll and a coffee to take away in the wee cafe just beside the ferry in Brodick, it was shut!

Got off the ferry in Brodick at 10:50 and headed south. Lovely smooth tarmac in Brodick.

Carried on to next place, cafe shut! There was one opened in Whiting Bay but it was busy and couldn't be bothered waiting in the queue.

It was Lochranza? (Wee ferry) before there was anywhere open that sold hot food.

Quite enjoyed the big long climb and then the totally awesome decent after this 😁

Rolled along into Brodick for 4pm in time to catch the 16:45 ferry back

FYI you need to wear face covering in the ticket office and on ferry (in case anyone forgets)

There is quite a lot of very rough tarmac, particularly going through towns/villages.

There are no food or drinks available on ferry.