Covid update to follow

• Committee

Hi all, committee are reading latest guidance and will post our views in next couple of days. It's important for public safety,  our insurance and our club image and local standing that any official club activities, (especially those performed in club kit) comply with guidance. Thanks for your patience, could be a good end to summer!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Dear Rider

JWCC held a virtual committee meeting last Monday You will not be surprised to know that COVID 19 was the major headline and will dominate decision making for sometime.

We recognised that we needed to create a Covid-19 post on the committee and I am pleased to report that last month Eric Lymburn agreed to be co-opted on to the Committee as our Covid-19 representative. He has attended virtual Scottish Cycling meetings on Covid-19, pored over government guidance and was able to provide us with a detailed report last night. 

Having considered and discussed Covid related matters the Committee are unanimously of the view that for the foreseeable future there can be NO JWCC sanctioned events but we will continue to monitor government and Scottish Cycling guidance.

There will be NO sanctioned club runs until further notice. Before these can start we require volunteers to be “ride captains”. These will be responsible for preparing a “Covid register” containing contact details of participants and is responsible for ensuring that all riders comply with the guidelines. If any member wishes to be a ride captain then please contact me and I will facilitate a “ bunch run start up meeting” with Eric as he will oversee all club runs during Covid.

The Jets will be meeting in groups under different rules for U17s.

These are challenging times but hopefully we will have JWCC club runs soon but meantime please continue to enjoy riding your bike and STAY SAFE.

Alan McLean

Club Secretary

This email has been delivered to you via the British Cyclin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Since the last committee meeting I am pleased to report that we have received an expression of willingness from club member George Donnelly to act as a ride captain to lead some JWCC small-sized bunch rides, compliant with the current Scottish Cycling guidance.

As the ride captain/leader George will brief those that turn up to ride, take their names and telephone contact details then submit those by email (to me as Club Covid19 Co-ordinator) shortly after completing the ride. This is for a 'track & trace' register. Club rooms will remain closed.

A reminder to all members to view and read the Scottish Cycling Covid19 Guidance document ‘The Way Forward’ to help understand and take personal responsibility in adhering to the requirements contained therein. The basic bunch ride principles remain - max 15 persons from max 5 households, 2m distancing, washed hands, no sharing of bikes or accessories etc.

I expect that any organised rides will be posted on The Forum in the usual manner however as the numbers able to attend will be limited please confirm your attendance in advance to assist the ride captain in their planning.

Finally, further to Alan McLean’s message, posted above by Charlie, if there are any other volunteer ride captains willing to step forward and encourage smaller group club rides, Covid19 guidance compliant, then please do get in touch.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/bc_files/Scottish_Cycling_The_Way_ForwardV8-2.pdf