Strava Georgetown TT 30/06/2020

George

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi all, following on from Mr Maclean’s post, I’ll take this on for next couple of weeks or until racing starts back.

First event, next Tuesday. Alan has suggested a 3 hour window. So let’s go for 6pm to 9pm? Or do you want an all day event?

For those that don’t know, the course starts just after house on left hand side at start of Georgetown Rd & continues to roundabout at Crosslee. Back in to finish a few yards before the start.

You will be riding by yourself with no timekeeper or pusher off. Please ride responsibly and if you bump into a club member please stay socially distant. If a rider catches you please don’t sit on their wheel.

As for collating results? Follow me on Strava & I’ll follow you back. Also, post your times here.

I may change the night, week to week, depending on weather. No fun in riding in rain & wind.

open to constructive suggestions 🤔

• 2023 Subscriptions

well done for stepping up to organise 👍

I think i'd prefer all day rather than between 6 and 9...gives a bigger window of opportunity to ride plus it will make it easier to see the results - you'll be able to look at the 'today' tab on the strava segment - this doesn't show what time people rode the segment at just that they did so that day.

• 2023 Subscriptions
13 hours ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

well done for stepping up to organise 👍

I think i'd prefer all day rather than between 6 and 9...gives a bigger window of opportunity to ride plus it will make it easier to see the results - you'll be able to look at the 'today' tab on the strava segment - this doesn't show what time people rode the segment at just that they did so that day.

I’ve signed up to Strava with  the sole purpose of accessing this today tab you speak of & have found myself trapped in a world of useless & largely incomprehensible data. People pay for this? 😐

• 2023 Subscriptions

Soooo only 3 JWCC rode the course on Strava today:

Mr McTavish 15:42 (whit????)

Gerrard 18:43

Now for the controversial bit.... I rode the route and Strava has logged me for all the segments within the route but not the route itself. Dunno what’s going on there. I stopped my Garmin at 17:15-after the finish but Strava has a segment that is 0.1 of a mile shorter than the full route which timed me at 17:16. It’s not an official event so no big deal although both times are PB for me so pleased, especially as it’s my first go of the year. 

maybe  members have ridden who don’t use Strava. If so, post your time up if you feel like it.

More fun next week. Will play it by either to see what the weather is doing before picking a night

edit: I know what happened with strava. My garmin kept displaying the course during my warm up meaning I couldn’t see my mph hr etc so I disabled the segment. Must mean it doesn’t record it 👍

Edited by George

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, George said:

Soooo only 3 JWCC rode the course on Strava today:

Mr McTavish 15:42 (whit????)

Gerrard 18:43

Now for the controversial bit.... I rode the route and Strava has logged me for all the segments within the route but not the route itself. Dunno what’s going on there. I stopped my Garmin at 17:15-after the finish but Strava has a segment that is 0.1 of a mile shorter than the full route which timed me at 17:16. It’s not an official event so no big deal although both times are PB for me so pleased, especially as it’s my first go of the year. 

maybe  members have ridden who don’t use Strava. If so, post your time up if you feel like it.

More fun next week. Will play it by either to see what the weather is doing before picking a night

edit: I know what happened with strava. My garmin kept displaying the course during my warm up meaning I couldn’t see my mph hr etc so I disabled the segment. Must mean it doesn’t record it 👍

Well done on the PB!

It might be to do with garmin autostart (if the  TT is a new ride with the start of the ride the start of the TT)  - when you start rolling it takes a second or two to register so can miss the start of the segment. I  just leave my garmin on for the warm up and rolling about and then hit the lap button at the start. (then have a screen on the garmin to show lap power and lap time)

Found it quite a tough night, wind made for a slow first leg. The new surface up the hill to the roundabout is an improvement though!