Wednesday 10th June 6pm Zwift ride

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Since the last update there has been an issue with the sticky draft. It's working for some in the group but not working for everyone, and for those that it isn't working for they are not getting the draft from the group no matter what watts they are doing.  If this is fixed before Wednesday then sticky draft is on, if not i'll turn it off and the ride will be ridden at a 'steady' pace with a sprint every lap followed by a regroup.  Course is Richmond fan flats

• 2023 Subscriptions

Still not working properly so sticky draft is off

Aim is to keep the group together. It's about 8 minutes a lap so will have time for 5 or 6 sprints.  There will be a 'winner' of the sprint each lap (first over the line regardless of time) and then an overall winner at the end of the ride and this will be whoever holds the fastest time on the leaderboard.

If you are finding the ride too easy then you can lead out the sprint for everyone the next time round!

Comment on this evenings session. Having no sticky does make it difficult to balance the variances in power across the group. Usual bunch issues of too fast vs just right vs not fast enough were  evident enough. It happens. If no sticky I’d suggest Iain makes the rule for the session and every one looks(as best they can) to the -/+ times between riders to keep the group together. If more than -0.10 off the front then ease up, if Rider more than +0.20 off the back then group ease up with provisio dropped rider put in an effort to catch on or drop out a lap if possible on lap route. If you want to do your own thing text and do it
 Fi, I don’t believe anyone was intentionally being horrible. It’s pants getting shelled. The stronger guys dumped me on the last lap. I couldn’t  get on and watched the gap grow til I burst. That’s bike riding. Just my view and shouldn’t be seen as anything else. 
M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yeah it was hard to keep together. My idea for the sprints was so everyone was getting something out of the ride but that probably just exacerbated the problem as it was creating a gap each lap.

The good news is there is a message on the support forum saying the bug has been found and the update will come in the next few days.

Thanks M. I’m know there was no malice intended, when I was dropped near the start I messaged the group and some of the group eased up until I got back on.  
 I was just surprised that when 2 other riders dropped off later on we never regrouped , sent strong riders back or checked if they were ok. 

Maybe there is an expectation that you message the group if you drop off to highlight you’re off the back so it was assumed no assistance was required. However given it’s normally me falling off the back I felt for them and thought that the group should have been offering to help them out.  If I was strong enough a rider I would have been happy to drop back to give then a tow. 

Once the sticky returns the problem will be resolved , on zwift anyway.
On a positive note we all got a ride in a group or solo which is better than no ride. 

Agreed G IRL nobody does get left behind and as you said we all got a ride. 
I don’t think there was anything wrong about having the sprints, I enjoyed it and it served to show where I’m at in comparison to some bunch regulars given my extended time away from the road. so from a personal point of view - all good - I’m still pants 😕 

Fi, I wouldn’t worry about the guys who may have dropped off to offer a tow back. In my experience we’ve all been there, both offering and getting that tow. 🥵 All part and parcel. 
Viva la sticky, non?